Wikiposts

Aos Questions

Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

boogiewoogie122 will become famous soon enoughboogiewoogie122 will become famous soon enough
Default Aos Questions

Hello Everyone
this is the first time i have posted here. i am a us citizen married to an indian. my husband came in on a CR1 visa.

my question is... can we apply to the local office in our area. which is palm beach or miami. or do we have to apply to the texas service center?

we have also changed our residence recently, please advise me to which form we must fill out?

he arrived on june 16th should it be included in the 90 days or excluded?

Thank You
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:00 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aos Questions

Originally posted by boogiewoogie122
Hello Everyone
this is the first time i have posted here. i am a us citizen married to an indian. my husband came in on a CR1 visa.

my question is... can we apply to the local office in our area. which is palm beach or miami. or do we have to apply to the texas service center?

we have also changed our residence recently, please advise me to which form we must fill out?

he arrived on june 16th should it be included in the 90 days or excluded?

Thank You
If your husband entered on a CR-1 then he adjusted status at POE.

Your next step would be Removal of Conditions.

You file with your service center.

Go here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

You will need to file two forms if you move.

One to inform the USCIS that the LPR has moved - AR-11

The other to inform them that the sponsor has moved - I-865
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

boogiewoogie122 will become famous soon enoughboogiewoogie122 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the information it's very helpful.

What will i have to expect after filling out these forms? What is next in this process.

Thank you again.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:37 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the information it's very helpful.

What will i have to expect after filling out these forms? What is next in this process.

Thank you again.
You should expect to receive a letter after filing the I-751 which is also a one year extension to proof of status.

How long it will take to adjudicate the I-751 is dependent upon the processing time for your service center.

Even if it has not been adjudicated your husband will still be eligible to apply for Naturalization, if otherwise eliglble, upon your being married for 3 years and his having been a PR for 3 years minus 90 days.

There are conditions on this eligibility which I have not stated - hence the "otherwise eligible".
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Thank you once again for your helpful information.

By the way, what would "otherwise eligible" imply, kindly elaborate.

Thank you so much once again.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:01 pm
Howling at the Moon

Thank you once again for your helpful information.

By the way, what would "otherwise eligible" imply, kindly elaborate.

Thank you so much once again.
There are many factors which may make someone ineligible to apply for Natz within the timescale above.

One would be if they had not fullfilled the residency requirements.

Another would be if they were not living in "marial union" - although the definition of WHAT exactly this consists of I have seen debated.

There are also factors which may make it unwise to apply for Naturalisation, such as a removable offense which had slipped under the radar of the DHS.

If someone had any doubts they should consult with competent immigration counsel prior to applying for any benefit.

If anyone cares to continue this list please do so, it's by no means intended to be exhaustive.

I just have to get some rest