Wikiposts

AOS questions

Old Mar 29th 2003, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default AOS questions

Hi,

I've been reading about alot of people ordering tax transcripts from the IRS to submit with their applications. Doesn't it say on the form I-864 to send a copy of the return that you filed. I just sent copies of the actual returns I filed with the IRS for the last three years.

Also, for those of you who have done the medical supplement, did they make you have the complete Hep B vaccination series, and if so, did you have to have it completed prior to the AOS interview?

Thanks in advance

Kat and Chris (US and UK)
Old Mar 29th 2003, 5:09 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

You don't need the Hep B if you are over 19 years of age as far as I am aware. Which vaccinations you are required to have are age dependent and must also be medically appropriate.
The Embassy in London has a chart which you can use to work out which vaccinations you may be required to have. I had my medical in the US but found no differences in the requirements. I also didn't have to take my clothes off although I've heard of people having to do so

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm
Old Mar 29th 2003, 6:39 pm
D&M

Default Re: AOS questions

Ok, I'm a bit confused here. I take it you are going through the London
Embassy? The Affidavit of Support forms I downloaded off the embassy
website don't say anything about me (the USC), providing my tax transcripts.
They only require a letter from my employer and letters from any bank
accounts. Is this right, or is the form I have outdated? Is it possible
that it's different for people going through the K-1 process versus other
types?

katnap8 wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > I've been reading about alot of people ordering tax transcripts from the
    > IRS to submit with their applications. Doesn't it say on the form I-864
    > to send a copy of the return that you filed. I just sent copies of the
    > actual returns I filed with the IRS for the last three years.
    > Also, for those of you who have done the medical supplement, did they
    > make you have the complete Hep B vaccination series, and if so, did you
    > have to have it completed prior to the AOS interview?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Kat and Chris (US and UK)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 30th 2003, 1:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Kit

For the actual filing of the I-485 I submitted copies of my copies of the 1040's and W-2's. However, at the time of the AOS interview, NYC requested tax transcripts and that is what I ordered and brought to the interview. Note that NYC at that time required copies of state and city and local taxes filed and paid so for those I only submitted copies of my copies.

Rete

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi,

I've been reading about alot of people ordering tax transcripts from the IRS to submit with their applications. Doesn't it say on the form I-864 to send a copy of the return that you filed. I just sent copies of the actual returns I filed with the IRS for the last three years.

Also, for those of you who have done the medical supplement, did they make you have the complete Hep B vaccination series, and if so, did you have to have it completed prior to the AOS interview?

Thanks in advance

Old Mar 30th 2003, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

andrewdean is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by D&M
Ok, I'm a bit confused here. I take it you are going through the London
Embassy? The Affidavit of Support forms I downloaded off the embassy
website don't say anything about me (the USC), providing my tax transcripts.
They only require a letter from my employer and letters from any bank
accounts. Is this right, or is the form I have outdated? Is it possible
that it's different for people going through the K-1 process versus other
types?

You are confusing two different different forms.
For the embassey interview you will file a I-134 (Affidavit of support).
After your marriage when you file for I-485 Adjustment of Status (AOS) with a I-864 (Affidavit of support). It is this I-864 that requires the tax transcipts.

Andrew
Old Mar 31st 2003, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

We sent in the 1999, 2000 and 2001 returns with our application and then took the 2002 with us to the interview - good job we did because he asked for it straight away.

I'm also a UKC, the only shot I had to have was the MMR, nothing else, I didn't have any of my old medical records from the UK. I had my medical at Drumm Medical Centre in the morning, collected the forms next day, all very efficient.