Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Question ( Texas Service Center )

Wikiposts

AOS Question ( Texas Service Center )

Old Jun 30th 2002, 5:20 am
Joe Thomas

Default AOS Question ( Texas Service Center )

MY wife came on K1 visa from Philippines last year Feb, we got married and filed the
AOS and EAD in May. I just got the appointment today to go for fingerprints ( July 5
) It also states to bring along with it an updated I-864 ( but they didn't enclose a
blank form, they did enclose a form I-693 medical which I'm pretty sure I don't need
as she had her medical before leaving Philippines ( we still have the x-ray ( maybe I
just need to bring that ) But should I need an updated I-864? they didn't enclose
one, should I just have the fingerprints and see if they require one at a later date?
The problem is, it would be a hassle to gather up all the tax returns, bank
statements, etc again. I've had some money troubles since we got married ( had a baby
and she couldn't get a job to help ) and don't have the funds in bank anymore that I
had on the I-864 submitted last year, also my income is a little shy of what's
required so I also have a co-sponsor ( sent his I -864 same time as mine ( when
filing AOS ), do I need an updated one from him also, cause he is on a ship overseas
and I might not see him for 6 months. The ones we filed with her AOS obligated us
until she would become a citizen or works aprox 40 quarters ( 10 Yrs ) anyway. cant
understand why they want another one. I plan on trying to call them tomorrow ( Its a
hassle to get them on the phone ) could some of you reply as I have that fingerprint
Appt. this week.

Thanks, Joe