AOS Question

Old May 16th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

samir1010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Question

Hello all,
My wife is here on a K3 Visa and we are about to file for AOS through the new pilot program in Dallas. I have a question. Once I do file for AOS can she leave the country before it is approved or do I need to file for Advanced Parole? It was my understanding that with a K3 she can leave the country and enter as she wishes. Does that change when she files for AOS? Thanks
Samir
Old May 17th 2004, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Lucas03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Question

Originally posted by samir1010
Hello all,
My wife is here on a K3 Visa and we are about to file for AOS through the new pilot program in Dallas. I have a question. Once I do file for AOS can she leave the country before it is approved or do I need to file for Advanced Parole? It was my understanding that with a K3 she can leave the country and enter as she wishes. Does that change when she files for AOS? Thanks
Samir

You're right about the K3 not needing to get an Advance Parole document, as the K3 allows multiple entries into the US. As for our personal experience, we filed my wife's AOS and then she used her K3 to travel outside the US and then return with no problems.

(Keeping in mind that technically any immigration officer can refuse any non-US citizen entry into the country no matter what document a person has, but as far as nothing fishy is going on with your case you shouldn't worry about that.)
Old May 17th 2004, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

samir1010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Question

Originally posted by Lucas03
You're right about the K3 not needing to get an Advance Parole document, as the K3 allows multiple entries into the US. As for our personal experience, we filed my wife's AOS and then she used her K3 to travel outside the US and then return with no problems.

(Keeping in mind that technically any immigration officer can refuse any non-US citizen entry into the country no matter what document a person has, but as far as nothing fishy is going on with your case you shouldn't worry about that.)
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it....
Samir