Wikiposts

AOS question

Old Apr 7th 2004, 3:15 am
Sergio

Default AOS question

Quick question about filling I-485,
in instructions it asks to provide a copy of 'Fiancé Petition Approval', is
it NOA2? If yes, I lost it - how do I get another copy?

Thanks

Old Apr 7th 2004, 6:49 am
Clutch

Default Re: AOS question

Go to the BCIS website and download a form to request a duplicate NOA2.
It's going to cost you about $100 but you'll get it quickly. I helped a
friend of muine do this.

Good luck.

"sergio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:JWUcc.48491$z%[email protected]...
    > Quick question about filling I-485,
    > in instructions it asks to provide a copy of 'Fiancé Petition Approval',
is
    > it NOA2? If yes, I lost it - how do I get another copy?
    > Thanks

Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:34 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Clutch
Go to the BCIS website and download a form to request a duplicate NOA2.
It's going to cost you about $100 but you'll get it quickly. I helped a
friend of mine do this.
If you are talking about submitting an I-824 for a duplicate approval notice, the filing fee is $140.00. It's not usually processed "that" quickly, and perhaps the OP should visit his service centers latest processing time report to see what they are saying about I-824's.

If it were my client, I'd instead try to persuade the local USCIS office to accept the I-485 without it. I had success doing that once for a DIY'er K-1'er who never received his I-129f approval notice, and who then came to me to help them with their AOS.

Good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
If you are talking about submitting an I-824 for a duplicate approval notice, the filing fee is $140.00. It's not usually processed "that" quickly, and perhaps the OP should visit his service centers latest processing time report to see what they are saying about I-824's.

If it were my client, I'd instead try to persuade the local USCIS office to accept the I-485 without it. I had success doing that once for a DIY'er K-1'er who never received his I-129f approval notice, and who then came to me to help them with their AOS.

Good luck.
That's right, it costs $140 and isn't usually that quick to be processed. We "lost" our NOA2 and I sent off my forms about a week ago with a copy of the online case status from uscis.gov saying our petition was approved. I'm sorry I can't tell you if it worked because we are still waiting!

Interestingly I went into the immigration office (in Boston) and the guy said he'd fax Vermont to see if they could send me another copy of the NOA2 and told us to come back later to see him. We came back just before the office closed and he said he'd had no response yet but we should "expect something in the mail in a few weeks". Personally I feel like he was full of **** and trying to get rid of us - after all if there is a form dedicated to getting forms re-issued and a $140 charge associated Vermont would be nuts to just send me a copy for free!

Anyway we are hoping that we have enough in the AOS submission to cover everything *fingers crossed. I felt that it was pointless waiting for the alleged "something in the mail" as the worst that will happen is that we get a RFE then we can go on from there.