Wikiposts

AOS question

Old Jun 29th 2003, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Sixx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS question

hi im new here so if this has been asked before i apologise in advance...

I am at the stage of sending in my checklist from package 3 and want them to take my own funds in to consideration.. but i havent had my UK bank account open for 12 months.. i previously lived in ireland for 4 years and dont know how easy it would be to get the information for the unaccountable 5 months.. how important is it for them to see the statements from ireland when i have enough savings in the UK for them to look at...

also is the 125% poverty line before or after tax.. i understand it is $15,150 for 2 people

thank you in advance

and thanks to Bee for guiding me here...
Old Jun 29th 2003, 8:10 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS question

Originally posted by Sixx
hi im new here so if this has been asked before i apologise in advance...

I am at the stage of sending in my checklist from package 3 and want them to take my own funds in to consideration.. but i havent had my UK bank account open for 12 months.. i previously lived in ireland for 4 years and dont know how easy it would be to get the information for the unaccountable 5 months.. how important is it for them to see the statements from ireland when i have enough savings in the UK for them to look at...

also is the 125% poverty line before or after tax.. i understand it is $15,150 for 2 people

thank you in advance

and thanks to Bee for guiding me here...
The 125% is before tax. Gross income as opposed to Nett.

Which bank in ROI? You ought to be able to obtain statements and they may even have a UK sister company (as First Trust (NI), Allied Irish Bank(ROI) and Allied Irish Bank (GB) are for instance).

Last edited by lairdside; Jun 29th 2003 at 8:35 am.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Sixx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lairdside
The 125% is before tax. Gross income as opposed to Nett.

Which bank in ROI? You ought to be able to obtain statements and they may even have a UK sister company (as First Trust (NI), Allied Irish Bank(ROI) and Allied Irish Bank (UK) are for instance).
thank you for replying

I was with AIB..

will they want this information or are they only interested in the current account i have now... all the money from the irish account was moved over to my UK account when i moved...

also i have money in an account under my brothers name.. will a letter signed by him and myself stating that that money is mine and will be given to me when i arrive in the US sufficient.. or do i need to withdraw the money and put it in my own account...
Old Jun 29th 2003, 8:35 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sixx
thank you for replying

I was with AIB..

will they want this information or are they only interested in the current account i have now... all the money from the irish account was moved over to my UK account when i moved...

also i have money in an account under my brothers name.. will a letter signed by him and myself stating that that money is mine and will be given to me when i arrive in the US sufficient.. or do i need to withdraw the money and put it in my own account...
AIB (GB) is primarily a business bank, although they will deal with exisiting customer's personal accounts (at least they would in my last experience) and also will hold personal accounts for business customers.

If the Consulate wants to see 12 months bank account statements I would try my very best to get them for them, in the worst event you could outline your efforts to them and the difficulties involved as to why you cannot supply them. AIB may even be willing to supply you with a letter although I believe in all honesty that they should be able to supply you with the statements without any great difficulty.

Check here for your closest branch:

http://www.aibgb.co.uk/servlet/Conte...8&channel=GBPL

I do not know about the letter but personally I try to keep things as clean and simple as possible - I'd transfer the cash unless there were huge penalties involved.