Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Problem is getting worse

AOS Problem is getting worse

Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:28 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Originally Posted by kittya2004
Thanx again Ray I will thoroughly read through this. Alot of info to take in all at once. A gentlemen thanx
Yup, that's much better than reading a reply telling you to go back to Australia, or one telling you if the AOS has not been approved, your chances of staying are less than zero ;-). Am I correct in assuming the default position in the group will be that one can not benefit from having an attorney help with a VAWA case?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't help you with anything, but I wanted to just wish you good luck.

I know that most of us who gave up the place they came from to be with a loved one can relate how hard it is to adjust to changes.

In your case it made even me feel bad on what you have to deal with now

Good luck!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:46 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

My upbringing I guess Chessiet but I know I have to let it go just the way I was bought up. I guess overall i do not want to be a disappiontment to my family
I agree with Chessiet -- all that's absent from this relationship is physical abuse. But the fact that it hasn't happened does NOT mean your relationship isn't already abusive. Based on your description, it definitely IS abusive.

(And I'm surprised no one else has mentioned that some of your husband's actions are criminal, by using your identity to open an account fraudulently without your permission, and flooding a vacant apartment and causing extensive property damage.)

Bottom line is, you have to decide what's more important: Protecting yourself and your wellbeing, or not disappointing your family? Do you think your family would be more disappointed about your marriage ending, or more disappointed to learn that you stayed in an abusive relationship to avoid hurting their feelings?

I don't really know the immigration implications of you divorcing this man, but I definitely think it is in your best interest to remove yourself from this abusive and negative relationship. And I can guarantee you that your family would rather you be safe and sound than in an abusive marriage.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted before as Anjeje but seem to have lost my account.

I am at the moment pending AOS my problem is that I can no longer continue live with my husband. We have nothing in joint names and I refuse to obtain anything as he runs out on his bills. Since being married we have no furniture expect a bed and a sofa he did at one time rent furniture just after we got married, but never paid for it and it was taken away. He does not pay any of the bills and I am scared to get anything in joint names for this reason. He has even gone behind my back and put cable in my name only to not pay that bill either. Latest thing he has done is flood the vacant aprtment upstairs from us so he can flood ours so he doesn not have to pay rent. Yes I have posted before as Anjeje but seemed to have lost my account.

Honestly guys what do you do when everything is fine for the first few months of marriage and then your spouse shows to you exactly who they are? I have tried so hard to be there for him and deal with the emotional abuse he throws me and the fact that he does these stupid things but I cannot do it anymore. Even our friends are seeing who he is and telling me to get out. Is there a possibility that an immigrtion would help me with these issues and if so does anyone in here know of any near Houston that I can pay off as right now I have just had to pay him $1000.00 for filing my paperwork and have very limited funds. I hope you the pics help as too see for yourself!

Please help if you can!!!
SH*T Happens, If I were you I would start thinking of the good points of your home land. This may seem bad now but in the future you will be looking back and smiling that you were not beaten or worse. Get out of a bad situation before it gets worse, not all things were met to be.

Sorry to sound harsh but to me seems like your hubby is too self absorbed to see the error of his ways.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:12 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hyper no not illegal I married in good faith and I just wish I could stop dealing with all of this and actually have one day where nothing was to go wrong.
I wasn't questioning you entered marriage in good faith!, I meant it as a joke girlie!!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Yup, that's much better than reading a reply telling you to go back to Australia, or one telling you if the AOS has not been approved, your chances of staying are less than zero.
As you yourself know we learn more as the thread gathers more information
from what the OP originally said I stated what I thought and now after 7 pages I still feel the same. Mine was just one opinion among 65 posting of which the OP took note...including yours..she now has a mass of information to sift..much more than she had to start with.
Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Am I correct in assuming the default position in the group will be that one can not benefit from having an attorney help with a VAWA case?
You know me better than that.. I speak for no group ..just for myself.. of course an Attorney can help in a VAWA case, if there is a case! and the party can afford it..I do give the OP credit though she could very easily turn this into a VAWA case with a few chosen words as many do..
Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish... I just saw your pic on the pic board ...why are you holding a rat???