Wikiposts

AOS Package contents.

Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:28 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Package contents.

Originally Posted by Moxie
The significance is that you won't have an interview.
I thought I had heard something like that. Super happy to hear it!!!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:09 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

The significance is that you won't have an interview. They will mail out your GC once the adjudicator get's around to your case. In our case it wasn't faster. People with interviews were finishing before CSC got around to us. But I've seen some recent approvals about a month after transfer. Hope you're only in for a short wait. And just a head's up, you will get another communication saying something kinda cryptic about ---your case is processing at the USCIS office to which it was transferred. The way it reads it almost sounds like it's been transferred again. Basically your first letter says it was sent to CSC and you second letter is saying "we got it."
An after thought - does this mean we won't get the letter for the biometrics appointment until Californina action the I-485? or is the biometrics linked to the EAD paperwork that hasn't been transferred, and unaffected?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
An after thought - does this mean we won't get the letter for the biometrics appointment until Californina action the I-485? or is the biometrics linked to the EAD paperwork that hasn't been transferred, and unaffected?
You will still get the notification to appear for Biometrics.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
Yep, still do bimetrics locally.

Biometric appt: If 30 days since the date on the AOS receipt letter has passed, you can call and ask for a service request to get a biometric appointment. I think our transfer and biometric appointment came around the same time and just weeks after sending everything in. Biometric appt depends on the schedule at the local ASC office, but you should be getting that soon.

If your GC goes fast, then you may not even get EAD because you won't need it with a GC.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If your GC goes fast, then you may not even get EAD because you won't need it with a GC.
I understand what you mean - the GC supersedes the EAD. However, if he applied for an EAD and did biometrics for it, he'll still get it - even if he no longer needs it. They're still two different and separate processes.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I understand what you mean - the GC supersedes the EAD. However, if he applied for an EAD and did biometrics for it, he'll still get it - even if he no longer needs it. They're still two different and separate processes.

Ian
I've known of several people who went for an interview and the EAD application was administratively closed because the GC was approved first. They never received an EAD card because it stopped processing. Sorry I can't remember the terminology their online status said, but the people were in a panic because the I-485 indicated "approved" while the I-765 said something like "denied" or a word that made them think something bad was happening to them.