AOS Package contents.

Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:21 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS Package contents.

Almost ready to send off our AOS package, I would appreciate if you could take a read of the contents and let me know if it sounds about right...

Form G-1145 (E notification)

I-485 form
G-325a form
Copy of I-94 (front and back)
Copy of I-797
2 x passport sized pictures
Copy of K1 visa
Copy of all passport pages
Original birth certificate

Evidence of relationship:

Wedding photos
Marriage certificate
Joint cell phone plan details
Joint checking account details
Joint savings account details
Copies of wedding cards
Wedding invitation

I-693 form

I-765 form
Copy of I-94 (Front and back)
2 x passport photos

I-131 Form
Copy of my MN drivers licence
Copy of K1 visa
Copy of I-485
2 x passport photos

I-864 form
3 years of my wifes tax returns
Her current pay stubs
Copy of my wifes passport

I-864a
3 years of my father in law's tax returns
Letter from his employer stating salary and length of employment.
Copy of his passport
Copy of my wifes birth certificate showing her father's name.
Copy of both their driving licenses showing the same address.

Check for the relevant fees.

All ready to send off to Chicago. Any comments?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Package contents.

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
Joint cell phone plan details
Joint checking account details
Joint savings account details
These items which say "details", what exactly are you including in the package? You should include a photocopy of the recent bills/statements showing both your names in them.

I just wasn't sure you meant by "details".

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:12 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
These items which say "details", what exactly are you including in the package? You should include a photocopy of the recent bills/statements showing both your names in them.

I just wasn't sure you meant by "details".

Rene
It's too soon from when we married to have a statement from the bank, instead of this the bank gave us documents to show we hold joint accounts, exactly the same with the cell phone plan. That should be ok shouldn't it?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's too soon from when we married to have a statement from the bank, instead of this the bank gave us documents to show we hold joint accounts, exactly the same with the cell phone plan. That should be ok shouldn't it?
Yes, statements from the bank and cell phone provider stating both your names will be fine.

By the time you go to the AOS interview, you will have more to show.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to include the evidence of your marriage/relationship with the application. The only requirement is that you married within 90 days so your marriage certificate is the proof. We sent nothing but the marriage certificate and got the greencard without an interview. If you get an interview, then take the joint things, photos, wedding things, original documents, etc t to present at the interview. We're not the only ones who did it that way. It's pretty common. Many others also had no interview without the extra bulk. You will provide those things with the removing conditions application about two years from now.

I also wanted to point out that this is 3 separate applications and should be organized as such because they will go their separate ways once checked in. I put clips on the separate applications/evidence. Since you asked for comments, this is my suggestion:

Cover letter
Check for the relevant fees $1070 made out to Department of Homeland Security
Form G-1145 (E notification)

I-485 form
G-325a form
Copy of I-797
2 x passport sized pictures
Copy of K1 visa
Copy of all passport pages passport biographical page
Original birth certificate photocopy
Marriage certificate -certified copy or photocopy of
I-864 form
-- 3 years of my wifes tax returns and w2s (or transcripts)
-- Her current pay stubs
-- Copy of my wifes passport
I-864a
-- 3 years of my father in law's tax returns and w2s (or transcripts)
-- Letter from his employer stating salary and length of employment.
-- Copy of his passport
-- Copy of my wifes birth certificate showing her father's name.
-- Copy of both their driving licenses showing the same address.
I-693 form
Evidence of relationship:
-- Wedding photos
-- Marriage certificate
-- Joint cell phone plan details
-- Joint checking account details
-- Joint savings account details
-- Copies of wedding cards
-- Wedding invitation

I-765 form
Copy of I-94 (Front and back)
2 x passport photos
Copy of K1 visa

I-131 Form
Copy of my MN drivers licence
Copy of K1 visa
Copy of I-485
2 x passport photos

Last edited by Moxie; Jun 28th 2011 at 4:44 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:25 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Thanks both for your comments. I mailed the package this morning, so now we just have to wait and see!

Does anyone have any experience on how long it takes to get a receipt back? I have had a letter to say that I have to present a receipt showing I have filed for AOS to the DMV in the next two weeks, or they are going to suspend my drivers license!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:50 pm

Thanks both for your comments. I mailed the package this morning, so now we just have to wait and see!

Does anyone have any experience on how long it takes to get a receipt back? I have had a letter to say that I have to present a receipt showing I have filed for AOS to the DMV in the next two weeks, or they are going to suspend my drivers license!
I'd say it can take anywhere from about 10 days to several weeks.

If you are adjusting from a K-1 visa, and the NOA is taking too long, try going to DMV and asking them to extend your DL until the expiration of your K-1 visa (my guess is they first based the DL expiration on your I-94, and that's coming up soon, right?).

This is what DMV did for my husband after his arrival on a K-1. First State ID was issued until expiration of I-94. Second one issued until expiration of K-1 visa (kinda dumb since the K-1 visa is no longer even valid...but it worked...lol). Third State ID issued until expiration of 1-year EAD. Fourth one issued until expiration of 2-year GC. Fifth one issued until expiration of 10-year GC. Sixth and final one, finally issued forever (no expiration date), when he became a USC.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 28th 2011 at 7:54 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:09 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Thanks Rene, that is a really good idea! I will hold out as long as possible, but will go with your plan if my NOA doesn't arrive before the date the DMV set.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:22 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'd say it can take anywhere from about 10 days to several weeks.

If you are adjusting from a K-1 visa, and the NOA is taking too long, try going to DMV and asking them to extend your DL until the expiration of your K-1 visa (my guess is they first based the DL expiration on your I-94, and that's coming up soon, right?).

This is what DMV did for my husband after his arrival on a K-1. First State ID was issued until expiration of I-94. Second one issued until expiration of K-1 visa (kinda dumb since the K-1 visa is no longer even valid...but it worked...lol). Third State ID issued until expiration of 1-year EAD. Fourth one issued until expiration of 2-year GC. Fifth one issued until expiration of 10-year GC. Sixth and final one, finally issued forever (no expiration date), when he became a USC.

Rene
Thought it might be worth giving an update on the drivers license issue. Still not having received the NOA, I went to the DMV today, they seemed fairly happy to accept the K1 visa and a copy of the marriage license. They are going to send that off (once the state goes back to work!) and fingers crossed I will get a new license. To tide me over until then they gave me a 45 day extention on mine and a peice of paper to show to the cops if I were to be pulled over.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:58 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

I thought it was worth updating this.

I received a new drivers license in the mail today. This one is valid until our 1st wedding anniversary!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was worth updating this.

I received a new drivers license in the mail today. This one is valid until our 1st wedding anniversary!
That's great, well done, I'm quite jealous! It's been a month now since I was allowed to drive...
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:07 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Back to the AOS element of this thread, I have just received a fresh NOA advising that the I-485 has been sent to the California service center, to speed up the processing time.

This is probably a really dumb question - is this transfer to California a positive thing (aside of the processing speed), does it have any significance?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:51 pm

is this transfer to California a positive thing (aside of the processing speed), does it have any significance?
It's not "aside of the processing speed", it's because of the processing speed.

It's a positive thing, because when one service center is overloaded or backlogged, they send applications to other service centers for adjudication. So, yours is being sent to CA in hopes that it will get processed more quickly.

That is the only significance.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:08 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Thanks Rene.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the AOS element of this thread, I have just received a fresh NOA advising that the I-485 has been sent to the California service center, to speed up the processing time.

This is probably a really dumb question - is this transfer to California a positive thing (aside of the processing speed), does it have any significance?
The significance is that you won't have an interview. They will mail out your GC once the adjudicator get's around to your case. In our case it wasn't faster. People with interviews were finishing before CSC got around to us. But I've seen some recent approvals about a month after transfer. Hope you're only in for a short wait. And just a head's up, you will get another communication saying something kinda cryptic about ---your case is processing at the USCIS office to which it was transferred. The way it reads it almost sounds like it's been transferred again. Basically your first letter says it was sent to CSC and you second letter is saying "we got it."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.