Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS online case status question

Wikiposts

AOS online case status question

Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:12 am
Just Joined

designermedusa has a spectacular aura aboutdesignermedusa has a spectacular aura aboutdesignermedusa has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy AOS online case status question

In January 2005 my husband checked his AOS online case status, and it said "our interview had been cancelled, and we would be contacted if it was rescheduled." Now the problem is we never received an AOS interview letter or a letter cancelling the interview. We called the help line, went to two InfoPass appointments and contacted our Senator. After contacting all these people we still don't have an answer as to why the interview was cancelled. Has anyone ever heard of this online case status message before? We've done everything we can do, and still don't have an answer. It's just a little frustrating.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS online case status question

A generalisation and alos based on my experiance.

Most people do not seem to get their on line updated for the interview letter. Mine jumped straight from Biometrics to approved.

Logically it was either a mistake or there was an interview that had been cancelled.

How long have you been waiting and where might give you an idea, I am sort of assuming the mistake answer especially if you have not been waiting well beyond your Office's normal processing times.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by designermedusa
In January 2005 my husband checked his AOS online case status, and it said "our interview had been cancelled, and we would be contacted if it was rescheduled." Now the problem is we never received an AOS interview letter or a letter cancelling the interview. We called the help line, went to two InfoPass appointments and contacted our Senator. After contacting all these people we still don't have an answer as to why the interview was cancelled. Has anyone ever heard of this online case status message before? We've done everything we can do, and still don't have an answer. It's just a little frustrating.

By any chance did you get this message a day or two after you went for a 2nd or 3rd set of fingerprints?

A couple of people on this forum including yours truly got that message when the case was beng updated after the fingerprinting. My attorney had never seen the message and recommended an Infopass. NYC office checked status and said "Your current status hasn't changed -- still being processing. They had no record of any appointment being made and no appointment being cancelled".

5 days after the message (and fingerprinting) the AOS online status changed back to "fingerprints received - case processing resumed". 3 months later I received the appointment letter.

What did the Infopass folks tell you?
Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

designermedusa has a spectacular aura aboutdesignermedusa has a spectacular aura aboutdesignermedusa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by almoya
By any chance did you get this message a day or two after you went for a 2nd or 3rd set of fingerprints?

A couple of people on this forum including yours truly got that message when the case was beng updated after the fingerprinting. My attorney had never seen the message and recommended an Infopass. NYC office checked status and said "Your current status hasn't changed -- still being processing. They had no record of any appointment being made and no appointment being cancelled".

5 days after the message (and fingerprinting) the AOS online status changed back to "fingerprints received - case processing resumed". 3 months later I received the appointment letter.

What did the Infopass folks tell you?
My husband has had one set of fingerprints taken, and that was in October 2004. Our case status online said the fingerprints had been received, and then we got the interview cancelled case status online in December 2004. InfoPass told me they didn't have our file at the Tampa office, and that interviews are cancelled for many reasons. We had two InfoPass appointments and they never understood that we never received any AOS interview letter in the first place. I'm only concerned because someone on another forum had this case status online, and they were told her husband's fingerprints were lost. I assume they would have sent us a letter telling my husband to get new fingerprints if he needed too. It's just so frustrating to not know what is going on.

We submitted our AOS application in August 2004 to Tampa. Their current processing time is December 2003, so we are not past due according to their online processing dates.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:47 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The online status for my wife's AOS application went straight from Received to Approved, while my I-129f petition for her remains at Received. (She was a K3)

I don't think there's much value in the online status, except to feed people's anxieties.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Boiler
A generalisation and alos based on my experiance.

Most people do not seem to get their on line updated for the interview letter. Mine jumped straight from Biometrics to approved.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

The same thing happened to me. I got the message stating that the interview had been cancelled, then 2 months later I received an interview notice. Go figure.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
The same thing happened to me. I got the message stating that the interview had been cancelled, then 2 months later I received an interview notice. Go figure.
Hi, when you went for your interview was there a problem with your fingerprints? It seems like the people I've talked to online that have this same message had their fingerprints lost or some other reason. Thanks.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My online status is still saying that the extra info was recieved in Jan, and that security checks are continuing...I had my AOS interview in March...still waiting on the security checks though...
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:48 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My online status is still saying that the extra info was recieved in Jan, and that security checks are continuing...I had my AOS interview in March...still waiting on the security checks though...
Mine says the same, minus the security check part. The local office doesn't always update the info online so (IMO) it's best ignored.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

My fingerprints expired, but I received a notice a couple of weeks before the interview to go and have them redone. I ended up doing them after the interview because I had been away, but the DAO never mentioned anything.

Hi, when you went for your interview was there a problem with your fingerprints? It seems like the people I've talked to online that have this same message had their fingerprints lost or some other reason. Thanks.