Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS - One set of supp docs or copies for each form?

Wikiposts

AOS - One set of supp docs or copies for each form?

Old Jan 14th 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all
Default AOS - One set of supp docs or copies for each form?

I'm filing the I-130, I-485, G-325a, and I-765 plus the medical form for my wife and 2 children all together in my AOS packet. Many of the forms ask for the same info such as pictures, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. How many copies of these forms do I need? Must I make dozens of copies and include them over and over for each form or just do them once for the I-130? Also, since I am doing 3 I-130's, can I just include the birth/marriage stuff once, or repeat it for the kids forms? Thanks.

-fr
Old Jan 14th 2003, 6:24 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS - One set of supp docs or copies for each form?

Originally posted by FlightRisk
I'm filing the I-130, I-485, G-325a, and I-765 plus the medical form for my wife and 2 children all together in my AOS packet. Many of the forms ask for the same info such as pictures, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. How many copies of these forms do I need? Must I make dozens of copies and include them over and over for each form or just do them once for the I-130? Also, since I am doing 3 I-130's, can I just include the birth/marriage stuff once, or repeat it for the kids forms? Thanks.

-fr
What I do is put together each person submission so it could stand on its own (fully documented on its own) just in case it is separated from the other submissions. That can and does happen from time to time. So lets say one of the kid's submission was separated from the rest. In that kids submission, the INS would want to see the "birth/marriage stuff". Don't count on the INS going to some "other" file, putting two and two together, making additional copies from that file to take back and include in the file that was missing something.

Good luck with your case.

M.U.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cortez is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you Matt,

When I went through the AOS process in December 2000, I put together my submission so that each application stood on its own - meaning I submitted the "evidence" for each. I also strongly urge you to submit separate Money Orders or Certified Checks for each individual application.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 20th 2003, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

Ok, I understand for 3 people, but what if I was only doing 1 (just to simplify this)? There is the I-130, G-325, I-485... Some of these forms ask for duplicate info, so do I include a copy of the marriage certifiate for each form, or just one for the person at the end of the packet of forms? Same with birth certificates, pictures, etc. Thanks.

-fr

Originally posted by Cortez
I agree with you Matt,

When I went through the AOS process in December 2000, I put together my submission so that each application stood on its own - meaning I submitted the "evidence" for each. I also strongly urge you to submit separate Money Orders or Certified Checks for each individual application.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Cortez is an unknown quantity at this point

I would submit complete supporting documents and evidence for *each* individual application. For example, if it asks for a copy of your marriage certificate for several different applications that you are making, then you should attach a copy of the marriage certificate for each application. The purpose of this is to let each of *your* individual applications stand on their own - so that if your I-485 has something wrong with it, they will send only your I-485 application back to you, rather than all of your applications, which means they will all be delayed. That is what I did.