Wikiposts

AOS in NYC

Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

petermuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS in NYC

I'm about to file for AOS in New York after arriving and getting married on a K1. I cannot find any specific info about the New York office (including a phone numer or email) that tells me whether I can file for AOS, AP and EAD at the same time. Does anyone have experience of this ?

Also, I currently have temporary EAD (stamp on I-94) which is due to run out. Do I apply for EAD under (c)(9) and pay the full amount or is this a replacement ?

Thanks
-Peter
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS in NYC

Originally posted by petermuk
I'm about to file for AOS in New York after arriving and getting married on a K1. I cannot find any specific info about the New York office (including a phone numer or email) that tells me whether I can file for AOS, AP and EAD at the same time. Does anyone have experience of this ?

Also, I currently have temporary EAD (stamp on I-94) which is due to run out. Do I apply for EAD under (c)(9) and pay the full amount or is this a replacement ?

Thanks
-Peter

NYC does NOT have a phone number or an e-mail address for general public use.

You have to go to the official USCIS website for filing information. You can also check out:

http://www.kamya.com/aos/

And see what others in NYC have done re filing.

Mail everything in ONE package to 26 Federal Plaza, NYC.

Also you will probably not get the one year EAD in time to overlap the soon to expire 90 day EAD. Hope you are not currently working.

BTW it is not a replacement. The 90 day EAD cannot be renewed. You are filing technically for your first EAD

Rete