AOS NOA received with request for $70

Wikiposts

AOS NOA received with request for $70

Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

coloradogirl is on a distinguished road
Default AOS NOA received with request for $70

Hi all,

Don't know where I went wrong here but, hubby and I went down to the district office in Denver on July 13 and filed his AOS and EAD in person. I had 2 cashier's checks, one in the amount of $315 for the AOS and one for $175 for the EAD.
In the post yesterday we received two I-797C in separate envelopes. The one for the EAD explained what to do next, Biometrics, what to bring etc. Ok, fine.
The one for AOS says our submission did not include the required fingerprint fee of $70 and we have 87 days to provide the requested fee. I did see in the instructions while filling out the I-485 about fingerprints but I swear it said we'd be notified of an appt. after acceptance of this form. Where did I miss the $70 fee? I didn't see it in the instrutions or on the new fee schedule. The lady at the window looked at everything and said it was all in order. Hmm, I'm confused again... can someone please clue me in?? well on a bright note, we were in and out of there in about 10 minutes! After hearing we'd be waiting hours I packed a lunch that I had to leave in the car anyway, no food or drink allowed in the building!

POE update (as I've been too busy to visit here since his arrival): Husband arrived on the afternoon of June 17th. His flight was from Casablanca to Frankfurt to Denver. Immigration kept him for 2 1/2 hours before they realized he spoke little english and they came to get me to translate. We were kept for another half hour but the immigration officer we had was sooooo nice, really, a very pleasant young man.

I don't know what happend to my timeline, but for those still waiting for their spouses arrival it took nearly 9 months for us from start to finish (with an RFE) so have heart, and lots and lots of patience, I see others have waited longer!

Best to all!
-cg
Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:48 am
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice
Default Re: AOS NOA received with request for $70

Originally posted by coloradogirl

My wife and my Step son did the same and I missed too the $70 for the finger prints so they sent us all the papers and we put the Checks for $70 and they gave us recipt and gave a finger print meeting and they gave them a ead the same day when they took the finger prints

Hi all,
Don't know where I went wrong here but, hubby and I went down to the district office in Denver on July 13 and filed his AOS and EAD in person. I had 2 cashier's checks, one in the amount of $315 for the AOS and one for $175 for the EAD.
In the post yesterday we received two I-797C in separate envelopes. The one for the EAD explained what to do next, Biometrics, what to bring etc. Ok, fine.
The one for AOS says our submission did not include the required fingerprint fee of $70 and we have 87 days to provide the requested fee. I did see in the instructions while filling out the I-485 about fingerprints but I swear it said we'd be notified of an appt. after acceptance of this form. Where did I miss the $70 fee? I didn't see it in the instrutions or on the new fee schedule. The lady at the window looked at everything and said it was all in order. Hmm, I'm confused again... can someone please clue me in?? well on a bright note, we were in and out of there in about 10 minutes! After hearing we'd be waiting hours I packed a lunch that I had to leave in the car anyway, no food or drink allowed in the building!

POE update (as I've been too busy to visit here since his arrival): Husband arrived on the afternoon of June 17th. His flight was from Casablanca to Frankfurt to Denver. Immigration kept him for 2 1/2 hours before they realized he spoke little english and they came to get me to translate. We were kept for another half hour but the immigration officer we had was sooooo nice, really, a very pleasant young man.

I don't know what happend to my timeline, but for those still waiting for their spouses arrival it took nearly 9 months for us from start to finish (with an RFE) so have heart, and lots and lots of patience, I see others have waited longer!

Best to all!
-cg
Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:53 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Hi all,

Best to all!
-cg
Yup there is a $70 fee for fingerprints to be included with the I-485.
"If you are applying for permanent residence based on having been admitted to the U.S. as a refugee, there is no application fee; however, applicants age 14 - 79 will still need to pay a $70 biometrics fee."
Straight from this link http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm
I nearly missed it alos except someone pointed it out when I was questioning the fees I needed.
Good Luck
Patrick
Old Jul 25th 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

coloradogirl is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Yup there is a $70 fee for fingerprints to be included with the I-485.
"If you are applying for permanent residence based on having been admitted to the U.S. as a refugee, there is no application fee; however, applicants age 14 - 79 will still need to pay a $70 biometrics fee."
Straight from this link http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm
I nearly missed it alos except someone pointed it out when I was questioning the fees I needed.
Good Luck
Patrick

Oh crud. Thanks Patrick. I did indeed miss it on their site, they should have put that paragraph in some bright color as well! It would have been helpful if it was also included on the instructions on the I-485 forms themselves, but that one also still has the old fees listed..... Well, it's not the first time I've forgotten something and probably not the last, but we continue on as best we can. Thanks again for pointing that out, I'll try to pay better attention next time I'm checking things out on the uscis site.

-cg
Old Jul 25th 2004, 4:25 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Oh crud. Thanks Patrick. I did indeed miss it on their site, they should have put that paragraph in some bright color as well! It would have been helpful if it was also included on the instructions on the I-485 forms themselves, but that one also still has the old fees listed..... Well, it's not the first time I've forgotten something and probably not the last, but we continue on as best we can. Thanks again for pointing that out, I'll try to pay better attention next time I'm checking things out on the uscis site.

-cg
Was only when someone here pointed out the $70 biometrics fee that I went looking for it on the instructions on their site.
That was one of the points my lawyer made for using an attorney, he cited how poorly some of the requirements are listed on their site and also that some things aren't even mentioned, I am thinking he was referring to cover letters and legit ways of explaining the documents you are filing etc (was part of his sales talk )
Best of luck