Wikiposts

AOS Medicals

Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:48 am
Just Joined

stickemup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Medicals

Can anyone give me more info on the medical required for filing I-485? I now have to send the app to Chicago as of Dec. 1. Do I send the medical with the app or wait for interview date?

Regards,
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Medicals

Originally Posted by stickemup
Can anyone give me more info on the medical required for filing I-485? I now have to send the app to Chicago as of Dec. 1. Do I send the medical with the app or wait for interview date?

Regards,
How did you enter the USA? On which type of visa? If you came in on a K visa and you had your medical less than a year ago, you don't need to do another whole medical, but you might have to send in the vaccination supplement which you get by visiting your local civil surgeon. Seems like some offices require the vaccination supplement along with the I-485, and some don't want it until the interview.

Hope that helps a little...
Rene
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:11 am
Just Joined

stickemup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How did you enter the USA? On which type of visa? If you came in on a K visa and you had your medical less than a year ago, you don't need to do another whole medical, but you might have to send in the vaccination supplement which you get by visiting your local civil surgeon. Seems like some offices require the vaccination supplement along with the I-485, and some don't want it until the interview.

Hope that helps a little...
Rene

On a k3 visa. I guess we mistakenly had the medical done again last week for the I-485 paperwork. I'll send it in with the paperwork and have it done again at the time of the interview if directed, better safe than sorry.

If some offices require medical at time of filing and others at time of interview, what does the Chicago office require?, I see they're directing about 37 states to send apps there as of Dec.1 , if under a certain category.

I'll just sit and wait it out...

Thanks,
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stickemup
On a k3 visa. I guess we mistakenly had the medical done again last week for the I-485 paperwork. I'll send it in with the paperwork and have it done again at the time of the interview if directed, better safe than sorry.

If some offices require medical at time of filing and others at time of interview, what does the Chicago office require?, I see they're directing about 37 states to send apps there as of Dec.1 , if under a certain category.

I'll just sit and wait it out...

Thanks,
My understanding is that after entering on a K visa, no office requires another whole medical to be done at the time of filing the I-485, if your last medical was done within a year ago. They only require the vaccination supplement.

Rene
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

farhan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My understanding is that after entering on a K visa, no office requires another whole medical to be done at the time of filing the I-485, if your last medical was done within a year ago. They only require the vaccination supplement.

Rene
we were asked for a document showing that wife had everything done - we didn't send it with orginal forms as they didn't ask for it and exam was done within 1 year