Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS and lost NOA2-anyone who knows

Wikiposts

AOS and lost NOA2-anyone who knows

Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default AOS and lost NOA2-anyone who knows

So I have a question for you. My husband's cousin just filed for AOS and they got an RFE saying their NOA2 was missing from the package. The wife called Vermont and they said it would be 6 months to two years to get a copy. which means they cant file aos for 2 years and will be out of status for all that time.

since I have got loads of useful info from this group I thought maybe anyone who had an answer or similar experience could help as they are devastated by this.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default ps

pardon me--he came here on a fiance visa, and the consular officer in europe says they cannot send a copy.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:00 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS and lost NOA2-anyone who knows

Originally posted by grouchy
So I have a question for you. My husband's cousin just filed for AOS and they got an RFE saying their NOA2 was missing from the package. The wife called Vermont and they said it would be 6 months to two years to get a copy. which means they cant file aos for 2 years and will be out of status for all that time.

since I have got loads of useful info from this group I thought maybe anyone who had an answer or similar experience could help as they are devastated by this.
What happened to the original NOA2? Your cousin should've got one when they were approved for the I-129F.
Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS and lost NOA2-anyone who knows

What your husband's cousin was told is correct. It will take from 6 months to a year for Vermont to act on an I-824.

I hope my assumption is they lost the original I-797 Notice of Approval and do not have copies anywhere around the house. They do not need the original to file. A copy for now will be sufficient.

If there is no copy, the next thing they can do is to include an I-130 with the I-485 and start from stratch.

Rete
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ps

pardon me--he came here on a fiance visa, and the consular officer in europe says they cannot send a copy.

No they can't because their copy is in the brown envelope.

Rete