Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS letter received from SF BCIS!!!

Wikiposts

AOS letter received from SF BCIS!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

bao-long is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS letter received from SF BCIS!!!

Hi all,

We just received a the AOS appointment letter from the BCIS!!!

The appointment is set for Nov. 20th 9:50AM. I am so happy but at the same time a little shaken and stressed. We just need to start gathering all the proofs

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: AOS letter received from SF BCIS!!!

Originally posted by bao-long
Hi all,

The appointment is set for Nov. 20th 9:50AM. I am so happy but at the same time a little shaken and stressed. We just need to start gathering all the proofs

Cheers,

Bao-Long

Congratulations... ( I posted a response on the other thread)

Take care,

Kat and Chris
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

happy-220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers,

Bao-Long
WOOOOHOOOOO.....
I am so happy for you.

Happy
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

reggiey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers,

Bao-Long
CONGRATS! Were so happy for you...!!!

Where's mine?.... My receipt date was March 7th and my fingerprint date was 3/21/03... I guess time to give my lawyer a call tomorrow to see what's up.

Last edited by reggiey; Oct 23rd 2003 at 7:38 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

happy-220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by reggiey
CONGRATS! Were so happy for you...!!!

Where's mine?.... My receipt date was March 7th and my fingerprint date was 3/21/03... I guess time to give my lawyer a call tomorrow to see what's up.
Reggiey,
I bet you are next...........
Old Oct 24th 2003, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Congratulations! Please keep us posted....even though I probably have another 9-10 months to go I'm still interested in how things play out on the ground in San Francisco
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!!! and Good luck!

Caroline
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, goody! At least we now know something's working out there.

I sent my stuff in less than two weeks after you sent in yours. Of course, in the USCIS world, two weeks are probably equivalent to two months, but for now who's complaining? As long as it's moving along, right?

Keep us posted, okay?

Anna

Hi all,

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AnnaV
Oh, goody! At least we now know something's working out there.

I sent my stuff in less than two weeks after you sent in yours. Of course, in the USCIS world, two weeks are probably equivalent to two months, but for now who's complaining? As long as it's moving along, right?

Keep us posted, okay?

Anna
Also, sometimes things do not work linearly regarding the sending out of interview notices. For example, I got my AOS interview letter a couple of weeks before Happy-220. However, she had her interview less than a week after me.

Caroline
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by happy-220
Reggiey,
I bet you are next...........
Thanks for the spirit boost Happy! I hope and pray to God it does come soon so that we may be able to relax and put this all past us (for atleast 20 months anyway).

It's just that it's been so frustrating lately... dealing with this, the economy (specially in the Bay Area)...
Old Oct 24th 2003, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

bao-long is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the support. Don't worry I will post a detailed report on the newsgroup as soon as we are done.

As far as what I have been asked, here is the list:

. This letter, all passports, your I-94 arrival/departure form, if any, and INS approval notices and INS issued documents
. Current photo ID and proff of petitioners US citizenship / lawfull resident status. PETITIONER MUST APPEAR IN SPOUSAL CASES
. A currrent letter of employment for both spouses showing rate of pay and hours per week
. The three most current Federal 1040 tax returns and W2's
. Evidence supporting bona fides of the marital relationshipd, eg photos, bank statements, leases, insurance policies, others
. Certified, complete court records for any arrests. Original birth/marriage/divorce certificates for you, spouce, children
. If you do not wish to surrender originalsm bring legible photocopies

Cheers,

Bao-Long
Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Thank you all for the support. Don't worry I will post a detailed report on the newsgroup as soon as we are done.

As far as what I have been asked, here is the list:

. This letter, all passports, your I-94 arrival/departure form, if any, and INS approval notices and INS issued documents
. Current photo ID and proff of petitioners US citizenship / lawfull resident status. PETITIONER MUST APPEAR IN SPOUSAL CASES
. A currrent letter of employment for both spouses showing rate of pay and hours per week
. The three most current Federal 1040 tax returns and W2's
. Evidence supporting bona fides of the marital relationshipd, eg photos, bank statements, leases, insurance policies, others
. Certified, complete court records for any arrests. Original birth/marriage/divorce certificates for you, spouce, children
. If you do not wish to surrender originalsm bring legible photocopies

Cheers,

Bao-Long

Thanks for the list Bao-long and GOOD LUCK with the interview

Anna V

We're about 3 weeks after Bao-long, and I guess about 1 week after you, please let us know when you get your letter. Fingers crossed, we'll both get it soon. GOOD LUCK

Reggiey

If you don't hear from them in a few weeks, maybe you should pop down to the office to check the status...GOOD LUCK, and hopefully yours will come soon.

Cheers,

Kat and Chris

Last edited by katnap8; Oct 24th 2003 at 1:31 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Good luck to all of us. I think we're all on tenterhooks at this point. I'm just so glad that this forum exists. I'd be going out of my head wondering about what's going on otherwise.

Anna

Originally posted by katnap8
Thanks for the list Bao-long and GOOD LUCK with the interview

Anna V

We're about 3 weeks after Bao-long, and I guess about 1 week after you, please let us know when you get your letter. Fingers crossed, we'll both get it soon. GOOD LUCK

Reggiey

If you don't hear from them in a few weeks, maybe you should pop down to the office to check the status...GOOD LUCK, and hopefully yours will come soon.

Cheers,

Kat and Chris
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katnap8
Reggiey

Thanks! I called my lawyer this afternoon and no word yet either from the SF office. If we don't get any notice within next week or so then I'll be burning the midnight oil in line at the SF office sometime after Halloween.

AnnaV:
You posted the exact words right out of my mouth.

Thanks all!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!! My best friend is in SF...she had her interview on August, and got her actual greencard (conditional greencard) only after 3 weeks of the interview even after informed them it will take about 3 - 6 months.

I asked her about the interview, she said, it is easy as long you have genuine marriage, not too worry. Just bring enough documents as proof of marriage.

The only hassle she got through was her ADIT photo, the officer told her its too big and she had to run outside to get her new ADIT photos

My interview will be on November 19, 2003 but I will have mine in Baltimore.

Good luck.