Reload this Page >

AOS letter just arrived-weird situation, HELP, plz

Wikiposts

AOS letter just arrived-weird situation, HELP, plz

Old Aug 30th 2004, 5:20 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Question AOS letter just arrived-weird situation, HELP, plz

Thank you for reading this.
We just got our AOS interview letter on mail and we have a questions, if you could help us out, please:

1. we filed all AOS papers last year on the 25-th of September, and we filed medical exam form too. Do I have to go and do another medical exam, cause it will pass a year since the last one? The AOS interview is on the 29-th Of September. So it would more than a year...

2. Do we need to bring new ADT photos, if yes, how many?

3. Is it OK if USC wife works and husband doesnt work for certain reasons (trying to start private business), will they be questioning WHY husband having EAD doesnt work? Will they be suspicious of that, as if husband is lazy, using USC wife and etc (as some people might think)?

4. Is volunteer job that husband is doing in order to gain experience for his private business considered as a JOB? (because he has been asked for EAD for that too)

If someone heard or went through similar situations, please please please, share and advise, we really appreciate that.
what else we need to know before our AOS interview?
thank you and have a wonderful day!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 5:33 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: AOS letter just arrived-weird situation, HELP, plz

Originally Posted by maximus76
We just got our AOS interview letter on mail and we have a questions, if you could help us out, please:

1. we filed all AOS papers last year on the 25-th of September, and we filed medical exam form too. Do I have to go and do another medical exam, cause it will pass a year since the last one? The AOS interview is on the 29-th Of September. So it would more than a year...

3. Is it OK if USC wife works and husband doesnt work for certain reasons (trying to start private business), will they be questioning WHY husband having EAD doesnt work? Will they be suspicious of that, as if husband is lazy, using USC wife and etc (as some people might think)?

4. Is volunteer job that husband is doing in order to gain experience for his private business considered as a JOB? (because he has been asked for EAD for that too)

If someone heard or went through similar situations, please please please, share and advise, we really appreciate that.
No idea about the first question on the medical, although I think they extended medical exam validity to 2 years BUT that may or may not work for you.
For the other questions I think not working is not really something USCIS is interested in, there are many reasons why someone may not take up employment and that can all be explained at the interview, really USCIS don't car eif the immigrant is a couch potato, all they want to know is that the relationship is legit, is the spouse's problem if they married someone who does not want to support themselves. Remember the I-864 pretty much covers the US on supporting someone like this and so it is totally the spouse's problem if the immigrant does not want to work.

Patrick
Old Aug 30th 2004, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

1. If the medical was squeaky clean, CIS has authority to extend its validity. Sometimes it is possible to pass but not be squeaky clean -- this usually happens in the case of TB which is in remission.

2. No, you will not need new ADIT photos since they are being discontinued. You will need two new PASSPORT photos.

3 & 4 -- what, me worry? As long as you wife makes enough, that is just fine and dandy.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 5:58 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark got his EAD in February and we had our AOS interview in June. He didn't have a job by the time of our interview, and it didn't even come up. You'll be fine.

Good luck!

~ Jenney
Old Aug 30th 2004, 8:21 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very very much, Patrick, Folinskyinla and Jenney
I never thought that we would be so nervious, it seems that we dont have enough papers...
But we feel better now thank to you guys.
have a great week!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:38 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Thank you very very much, Patrick, Folinskyinla and Jenney
I never thought that we would be so nervious, it seems that we dont have enough papers...
But we feel better now thank to you guys.
have a great week!
I am sure I will be EXACTLY the same when my interview arrives,,, nerves are part of this process LOL
Patrick