Wikiposts

AOS in LA Success!!

Old Apr 25th 2001, 11:13 am
Casey

We arrived at 9 for my 10am appointment. At 10:25 we were called. Our adjudicator
didn't smile at all and was very curt and 'official' .The first thing she did was
have us swear to tell the truth. The second thing was to ask for my medical results
(more on medical at the end). Picture ID from both of us next, and my passport. Then
the Aff of Support, employment letter, and Fed tax returns, which she asked to keep
for her file. Our marriage and my birth certs. At that point she asked where and when
we'd met, and for proof of cohabitation-"things with both your names on it". We gave
her car title, health and car insurances, bank statements,one bill with both our
names, and a home security system agreement signed by both of us. She kept copies of
everything. She then went back to questions - where did you get married? When? What's
your home phone number? Your address? Where did you meet? (again)

She asked what other proof we'd brought. Gave her a dozen pictures along with copies
of them all, she kept the copies and returned all originals. Then "What else?". Gave
her 8 letters from neighbors, family and friends. She kept all except 2.

Then she wanted our house keys!! (I admit I was getting pretty anxious then).
Fortunately I brought mine...most often I don't bother carrying mine when Daymond has
his when we're going out. Something made me take them this morning. She lined them up
and compared them to see if they matched. They do.

Then she asked for *more* proof. Gave her our checkbook that has carbon copies of the
checks we'd written, some have my sig, some have Daymond's. Then she asked for our
ATM cards.

She asked us most of the same Q's again, didn't matter who answered.

She asked Daymond what he did for a living. Wanted to know why we didn't have more
wedding photos. (We have one). We explained we'd had a civil ceremony with just us
and had planned on having larger wedding with our families in the summer after I got
my AP. But that my AP took so long to get that we'd had to cancel that. She asked if
we planned to do one in the future. I said "Yes. I haven't even got to wear my
wedding dress yet since I'm saving for our big wedding!" (I was nervous and talk more
then I should when I am). But it seemed to change her whole attitude...she softened
alot...asked about my dress and where we'd have the second ceremony. She was *really*
pleasant after that. Then she said "This stamp I'm about to give you makes you a
permanent resident. Do you have any questions." I asked if it was perm or
conditional. Permanent she said because we've been married over 2 years. I explained
we are moving to FL soon and won't have a permanent address for a few months and what
should we do about the actual green card being mailed to us. She said the stamp is
all I need. Being a bonehead I didn't press the issue (she hadn't actually stamped my
passport yet!). So I still have to figure that one out. I asked if the second medical
I'd had done was necessary. She said "no it wasn't - since you entered on a K-1, and
had already had a medical to get it, a second one wasn't needed." Then she *finally*
stamped my passport!

Casey & Daymond

Old Apr 25th 2001, 11:28 am
Courtney

Congrats on your success and much happiness in the future!

Courtney & Alastair

Old Apr 25th 2001, 11:32 am
ERPA27

Casey and Daymond Congratulations on your success today!! Thanks for the info as we
have our appt in three weeks. Elizabeth

c

Old Apr 25th 2001, 11:36 am
DannaF5269

Congratulations on your success. What was your timeline? How many months did you wait
until your interview?

Thanks, waiting in LA

Old Apr 25th 2001, 1:50 pm
Casey

Sorry...forgot to include that. Filed AOS - April 99 Interview - April 01

DannaF5269 wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 25th 2001, 2:02 pm
Daisy

I'm happy for you that it's all over now! Congratulations!

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 25th 2001, 2:03 pm
mjones

(..excellent post snipped...)

Casey, You two have finally m-m-made it !!! This is a very cool day, I have followed
you guys for so long I was wondering if it would ever end!! I am extremely pleased to
see this outcome after so long. The "compare the keys" thing is new in the newsgroup
experience. Wow. Absolutely, Nina and I hope the best for you in the future. Best of
all Regards, MIke

Old Apr 25th 2001, 2:36 pm
Rete

Congratulations! Took a while but worth the wait, eh?

May I ask that you post your AOS experience please. Best wishes on your move.

Florida is nice place, at least on the gulf side )

--
Rete and Jim (Can/Am Alumni '98)

Update AOS filing: http://www.kamya.com/aos/

Old Apr 25th 2001, 2:56 pm
porsche914gt

Hey!! Congratulations Casey... and thanks for all your help, there are so few LA
filers on the NG. Christelle

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 26th 2001, 3:03 am
Casey

Thanks everyone! We're very happy.

A very special thanks to you Mike for the extra help you gave me a few years back.
Really appreciated it, and all you've done for this group (and still
do)!

Another special thank-you goes to this NG and it's creator(s). You helped far more
then you know.

Rete, you bet I'll send in a report to the AOS pages! (btw, we'll check out the
Gulf side....after we've had some time to get to know our new home area in West
Palm Beach!)

Casey and Daymond (who can now start concentrating on their coast to coast move!)

Old Apr 26th 2001, 3:46 am
Andy Platt

Congrats. I seem to remember someone mentioning the key comparison in another case!

That's actually a sore issue for me today. My wife & I left together for an
appointment and she, not thinking about it, didn't bring her keys. Of course I get a
call from her after I'd dropped her off at work, "I forgot my keys". Grrh ... if she
wasn't pregnant I think I'd let her stew on the doorstep till I get back tonight!!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 26th 2001, 4:06 am
mj

>
    >
    >
    >

Hmmm, If my wife forgot her keys and called me, I would instantly drop everything,
leave wherever I was at, and drive at the legal speed limit until I got to where she
was so that she could continue her life with minimal exasperation. I am curious,
Andy. You say you left *together* for the appointment, and then "dropped her off" at
work. Unless she is "getting a ride" from someone else, how could she "stew on the
doorstep"? (Just practicing some harmless "connect the facts" here, very important to
keep the skills sharp, eh?) Mike

Old Apr 26th 2001, 4:15 am
Andy Platt

She's at work. She doesn't need to get back to the house till tonight but she gets
back before me. That's when I'd be tempted to let her stew! She'll get back from work
via the metro (subway) like she does every night.

I'm not really so terrible a husband I wouldn't let he in if she needed too. On
the other hand I can't wait till we're through with the Ob/Gyn appointments - so
far she's managed to go off with my wallet and drop that in the street and
forget her keys!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> >That's actually a sore issue for me today. My wife & I left together for[/usenetquote2]
an
[usenetquote2]> >appointment and she, not thinking about it, didn't bring her keys. Of[/usenetquote2]
course
[usenetquote2]> >I get a call from her after I'd dropped her off at work, "I forgot my[/usenetquote2]
keys".
[usenetquote2]> >Grrh ... if she wasn't pregnant I think I'd let her stew on the doorstep till I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >get back tonight!![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 26th 2001, 4:17 am
Daisy

Mike, bless your heart, you sound so much like my husband....I had to go to a daycare
meeting the other night...the last thing I wanted to do after watching kids all day
and I come home to a clean house and flowers next to the computer.......what a guy!

Daisy

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> >That's actually a sore issue for me today. My wife & I left together for[/usenetquote2]
an
[usenetquote2]> >appointment and she, not thinking about it, didn't bring her keys. Of[/usenetquote2]
course
[usenetquote2]> >I get a call from her after I'd dropped her off at work, "I forgot my[/usenetquote2]
keys".
[usenetquote2]> >Grrh ... if she wasn't pregnant I think I'd let her stew on the doorstep till I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >get back tonight!![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:04 am
mj

>

Andy, This has been bothering me a lot. I searched thru everything I had, even the
zip drive backups. I found a number of references to keys, with many being made to a
"flying monKEYs toss", and one where a visa applicant borrowed a key for a bathroom.
Paulgani has made some "key comparision" observations during some of his posts, but
those concern points of law. Well, I tried. Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.