Wikiposts

AOS K-1 Visa

Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:57 pm
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default AOS K-1 Visa

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the adjustment of status works. I've come to WA on a K-1 Visa and was married on May 9th ... I have a SSN and I've changed my name with the SSN people, bank and whoever.

How long should I expect the AOS to take in total? Man I miss working!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS K-1 Visa

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the adjustment of status works.
You apply... then you do nothing but wait... and that's really the way it works.

If you applied for employment authorization when you filed for adjustment, you should expect to be called for fingerprints... and your work authorization should arrive in the mail within 2 or 3 months. As for AOS in total... in could take 6 months... or it could take 2 years. There's no way to know.

Ian
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:29 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the AoS Wiki Article will help you.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:14 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the adjustment of status works. I've come to WA on a K-1 Visa and was married on May 9th ... I have a SSN and I've changed my name with the SSN people, bank and whoever.

Congrats on your marriage! We just got our k1 approved June 5th!