Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview SUCCESS at Newark!

Wikiposts

AOS Interview SUCCESS at Newark!

Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Stephanie11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview SUCCESS at Newark!

:-) My husband was granted his Conditional Permanent Resident stamp in his passport today, it was pretty much smooth sailing! For those interested in the details with Newark's process here goes:

Our appointment was for 9am. We arrived at 8:40am to see a long line of people waiting, and fortunately that was the walk-in line, the appointment line for us was clear. Went through the security check, and up to the 13th floor. No one asked to see the appointment letter until we arrived on the 13th floor. Walked to window 2 and handed in the appointment letter.

Our waiting began at 8:45am, and OMG at 9:15am my husband's name was called! We were greeted by Officer Smith, a professional man, but he appeared to be very friendly! (Woo Hoo)!

After we were sworn in, he read off what we needed to submit, which came directly from our appointment letter: Hubby's passport with I-94, hubby's letter of employment, and the Medical Results. As I gathered the first 2 bits of info, I told Officer Smith that my husband did not need to have another medical, as he entered on a K-1, and we submitted the AOS application within a year of the medical. He said yes, but sometimes they (Vermont Service Center) do not forward the full medical to the sub-offices. Then mentioned that usually the vaccination supplement needs to be handed at the interview.

As he flipped through the file in front of him, I thought RUT ROH, we don't have the Vacc. Supplement sheet (Shane did not get a copy of it at his medical apppointment, but he did have all the required shots). Somehow the topic then changed quickly, and the Medical and Vacc. Supplement was not brought up again! PHEWW! Here starts the questions:

?'s to Hubby: When did you first meet?
What is your wife's full name? And her birthday?
Have you met her parents? And what are their names?
Where was she living when you first met her?
How did you enter the country on your latest trip? (K-1 Visa) What date was that?

ALL these questions came straight from the G-325A form that I originally filed with the Fiance petition, and he checked them off as Shane answered the questions.

Then he wanted some proof of marriage, I gave him our Electric Bill, our joint credit card statement, our joint bank account info., and our car insurance policy. I stated I had more, but he said that was enough. He then asked if we brought any photos. I gave him the photos, we didn't bring many, about 15 total from our bridal shower, and wedding. He stated that they would like a photo for their file, and took one of us from our wedding day.

He didn't ask for any updated Affidavit of Support, but I offered him my 2003 tax return info including my W-2. He said great, and asked if there was anyone else who lives with us? I said no, paused for a moment, and then said Our Dog Jezebelle does. He and my hubby both laughed. :-)

Then my turn for questions:
What is your husband's full name? His birhtday? His Parents names, and have you ever met them? Where did you get married? And that was it! He stated that he needs to check on the security clearances, for us to go and wait outside, that it would be about 10-15 minutes.

Well, 1 hour later (and I'm not complaining) we were called to window 5, Officer Smith asked Shane for his Work Authorization card, and then exposed the Beautiful red stamp in Shane's passport. Told us when and how to file the I-751 removal of conditions application, said CONGRATULATIONS, you'll receive the Greencard within 6 months, and we were off!!

Interview took less then 10 minutes, and we were outta there in under 2 hours! A HUGE sigh of relief that we are Immigration free for 2 years! :-) Hope this post helps anyone dealing with Newark USCIS, and fellow AOS'ers out there. My advice, as long as you are in a valid marriage, DON'T STRESS! Just bring the necessary paperwork, and all should be fine! BEST of LUCK to everyone still waiting!

Stephanie
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview SUCCESS at Newark!

Congrats....
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:14 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Stephanie11
:-) My husband was granted his Conditional Permanent Resident stamp in his passport today, it was pretty much smooth sailing! For those interested in the details with Newark's process here goes:

Our appointment was for 9am. We arrived at 8:40am to see a long line of people waiting, and fortunately that was the walk-in line, the appointment line for us was clear. Went through the security check, and up to the 13th floor. No one asked to see the appointment letter until we arrived on the 13th floor. Walked to window 2 and handed in the appointment letter.

Our waiting began at 8:45am, and OMG at 9:15am my husband's name was called! We were greeted by Officer Smith, a professional man, but he appeared to be very friendly! (Woo Hoo)!

After we were sworn in, he read off what we needed to submit, which came directly from our appointment letter: Hubby's passport with I-94, hubby's letter of employment, and the Medical Results. As I gathered the first 2 bits of info, I told Officer Smith that my husband did not need to have another medical, as he entered on a K-1, and we submitted the AOS application within a year of the medical. He said yes, but sometimes they (Vermont Service Center) do not forward the full medical to the sub-offices. Then mentioned that usually the vaccination supplement needs to be handed at the interview.

As he flipped through the file in front of him, I thought RUT ROH, we don't have the Vacc. Supplement sheet (Shane did not get a copy of it at his medical apppointment, but he did have all the required shots). Somehow the topic then changed quickly, and the Medical and Vacc. Supplement was not brought up again! PHEWW! Here starts the questions:

?'s to Hubby: When did you first meet?
What is your wife's full name? And her birthday?
Have you met her parents? And what are their names?
Where was she living when you first met her?
How did you enter the country on your latest trip? (K-1 Visa) What date was that?

ALL these questions came straight from the G-325A form that I originally filed with the Fiance petition, and he checked them off as Shane answered the questions.

Then he wanted some proof of marriage, I gave him our Electric Bill, our joint credit card statement, our joint bank account info., and our car insurance policy. I stated I had more, but he said that was enough. He then asked if we brought any photos. I gave him the photos, we didn't bring many, about 15 total from our bridal shower, and wedding. He stated that they would like a photo for their file, and took one of us from our wedding day.

He didn't ask for any updated Affidavit of Support, but I offered him my 2003 tax return info including my W-2. He said great, and asked if there was anyone else who lives with us? I said no, paused for a moment, and then said Our Dog Jezebelle does. He and my hubby both laughed. :-)

Then my turn for questions:
What is your husband's full name? His birhtday? His Parents names, and have you ever met them? Where did you get married? And that was it! He stated that he needs to check on the security clearances, for us to go and wait outside, that it would be about 10-15 minutes.

Well, 1 hour later (and I'm not complaining) we were called to window 5, Officer Smith asked Shane for his Work Authorization card, and then exposed the Beautiful red stamp in Shane's passport. Told us when and how to file the I-751 removal of conditions application, said CONGRATULATIONS, you'll receive the Greencard within 6 months, and we were off!!

Interview took less then 10 minutes, and we were outta there in under 2 hours! A HUGE sigh of relief that we are Immigration free for 2 years! :-) Hope this post helps anyone dealing with Newark USCIS, and fellow AOS'ers out there. My advice, as long as you are in a valid marriage, DON'T STRESS! Just bring the necessary paperwork, and all should be fine! BEST of LUCK to everyone still waiting!

Stephanie

Oh Stephanie thanks for the wonderful post of your interview. It is great to see how the upper NJ does their interview. We are doing our interview in the lower office on Monday. Thanks again reading your made me feel loads better.

Congrates and best of everything to the both of you!!

Cindy
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

MissKris81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! That's great news

Kristin
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Stephanie11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Oh Stephanie thanks for the wonderful post of your interview. It is great to see how the upper NJ does their interview. We are doing our interview in the lower office on Monday. Thanks again reading your made me feel loads better.

Congrates and best of everything to the both of you!!

Cindy
Thank You all! :-)

Oh, and Cindy, your welcome girlfriend!! Glad that I could be of help in alleviating some of your anxiety! ;-)

We are flying to New Zealand this Saturday (we wasted money on the Advance Parole document), but who would have thought our interview would come early, so unfortunately I will not be around to check on your Interview experience!

Sending you Good Luck Vibes from Northern New Jersey! It will be a breeze for you two! I look forward to seeing that John has his very own red stamp in his passport too!

Take Care,

Stephanie
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:49 am

RussianGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!