Wikiposts

AOS Interview Success!

Old Apr 7th 2002, 11:50 pm
Mhaley12345

Default AOS Interview Success!

We had our interview on the 4th of April in Tampa and it was very anti-climatic. In
truth, I was actually a little disappointed after all the paperwork we had gathered!
Must have been in and out in 10 minutes. After we got inside, they called Paul's name
and we went into the little office. The lady, who was very pleasent, thumbed through
our file she had open on her desk, then asked Paul if he had commited any crimes
since filing, if he'd had his medical in the UK, if our address was still the same,
and if he had employment paperwork with him. We handed over copies of a letter from
his employer, copies of some paystubs, and of his W-2. She also wanted his advance
parole papers. Then she wrote some things on a paper and asked me to look it over
while she had Paul follow her. We both said later we thought this was where they
would ask questions of us seperately but he only went to get a fingerprint. The paper
she gave me to look over was simply info about the green card. She stamped his
passport and told us we should receive his green card in the mail within 6 months
with info on the form to file if we don't and when to apply to have conditions
removed. And that was it! No questions, didn't even ask to see anything else; my
employment info, letters from people to attest to the marriage, bank letter and
statements to show joint account, joint title to vehicle, etc. She wasn't even
interested in any of the pictures we brought..... You just never know what they
will or won't ask for so it's good to have it all just in case. Hope others who are
close to this stage have it go as smoothly!

Margaret and Paul

Old Apr 7th 2002, 11:50 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: AOS Interview Success!

"MHALEY12345" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We had our interview on the 4th of April in Tampa and it was very anti-climatic. In
    > truth, I was actually a little disappointed after all
the
    > paperwork we had gathered! Must have been in and out in 10 minutes. After
we

I know the feeling - congrats!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Apr 8th 2002, 4:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview Success!

Congratulations. Hope you enjoyed the Florida sunshine and partied all weekend. One down, one to go ;-) Remember to continue collecting evidence from the 5th of April onward for the I-751.

Rete