AOS Interview Success

Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS Interview Success

Originally Posted by randomgirl
Congrats!

Sounds like the interview went really well. Hope mine is as straightforward as that when the time comes!

Just one thing though - you said he asked if your parents came over for the wedding... did they? Mine didn't, my Dad was supposed to but ended up not booking the time off work (don't ask!) - hope that won't look dodgy to them!

RG
I wouldn't worry, all of Jim's family were there (he's the USC), I only had my sister and her hubby (they live in Charleston SC) there for me. No-one even asked about our wedding......
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimandtina2008
sounds pretty much like our experience in Detroit.....loads of worry and TONS of preparation then none of it asked for!!! All over in 10 mins at the most!!! Though our interviewer didn't ask to check if we were really married, he said that just listening to us and the way we talked over each other told him we were married!!!! lol
Haha, nice. That is a dead giveaway!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jimandtina2008
I wouldn't worry, all of Jim's family were there (he's the USC), I only had my sister and her hubby (they live in Charleston SC) there for me. No-one even asked about our wedding......
Thanks! I had 4 of my friends from the UK at the wedding so it shouldn't be an issue I guess
Old Dec 10th 2010, 5:23 pm

Long_Islander is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NAR14
As the title suggests, I got approved for my Green Card the other day Very pleased to have final got that done!

Here is a write up of what we experienced for anyone who would like to read it:

I had my "interview" on Monday in Irving, TX. My appointment time was for 11:30am, but we got there at about 10:00am! If anyone has ever driven around Dallas, they know how crazy it can get, so we left mega early to make sure we didn't get held up.

We sat in the car for a while and then went into the building at 10:45, and through the scanners etc. My wife set off the alarms but they just said "It's fine, go through", which we thought was strange. We booked in with the appointment letter and got given a buzzer like the ones you get in restaurants and went and sat down. There was about 12 people there and it felt quite relaxed in the waiting area.

We sat there for about 15 minutes checking the things in the folder we had taken with us, and then our buzzer went off. A guy appeared and took us down a really long corridor and into his office. He had the HUGE file on his desk with all the forms we'd previously done, it even had one of the envelopes in it that we had sent a package in!

He read out my name, address, D.O.B, place of birth and my parents names from a form, each time with me confirming that was correct. He asked what date we got married, and if my parents had come over for the wedding. Then he asked whether I had worked in a labour camp, a prison or any armed forces, or if I had every advocated violence against a government or been a member of a revolutionary group.

Then he said he needed to confirm that we were happily married, and we showed him some pictures of us and places we had been. After he'd looked at those, he said that I was being approved and I would have my Green Card in the mail before Christmas.

We were sat with him for at most 10 ten minutes, I think it was more like 6 or 7. Apart from the photographs (which were actual copies of what they had already) he didn't ask for any of the papers we took with us, not even the certified wedding certificate we had taken. I didn't even open the folder of papers we had taken!

We then left and were back in the car by 11:20, ten minutes before the appointment was even scheduled.

So all in all, it took forever to get to this stage, but it was over in a blink of an eye and was very easy. The guy said we had one of the most comprehensive applications he had seen and was very impressed with it which was nice to hear.

If anyone has their interview coming up, there is really nothing to worry about at all. This was a total breeze.
Well done

Kind Regards,

David