Wikiposts

AOS interview St louis

Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:00 am
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future
Default AOS interview St louis

We just had our AOS interview at St Louis today (to change from K1 to conditional resident status)!..I have a question as I am a bit worried....I assumed we would get a yes or no on our application (and a stamp in my passport) there at the interview, however we were told that it could be a further 3 months til we got word...inbetween then they might have to do back ground checks/or require further documentation!..we were informed we would recieve an approval (if we were granted it) through the mail and that I would have to return to have my passport stamped..from most of the AOS posts I have read, people have either had their passports stamped then and there, or have been told they were approved and would receive something in the mail....now we are worried because neither of these things happened....we both signed a paper stating that we understood I was applying for conditional status and that we would have to reapply before the 2 years etc, which I thought was a precursor to the officer saying we had been ok'd. Unfortunately this wasnt the case. Does routine just differ from office to office or should I/we be concerned? I have been told that some offices actually give you an interview before all the paperworketc has been processed due to backlogs!
Thanks
A Very worried Poppy
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS interview St louis

We had our interview this morning and my wife got the I-551 stamp in her passport.

The officer also noted that the security and background checks had been finished and were clear, so perhaps that's why we got the stamp.

This was in Boston, MA BTW.

Regards
Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:12 am
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOS interview St louis

Originally posted by Cypher
We had our interview this morning and my wife got the I-551 stamp in her passport.

The officer also noted that the security and background checks had been finished and were clear, so perhaps that's why we got the stamp.

This was in Boston, MA BTW.

Regards

thank you for your reply..I think you are right. I just checked St Louis processing times and they are only just doing apps from June2003 and ours was sent in Oct 2003...so I think their guess of up to 3 months until background checks etc are done was very close...unfortunately....congratulations to you both though that must be a great relief!, I know it will be for us - I will actually get to travel without the dreaded AP!!
Thanks again Poppy