Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS INTERVIEW SAN ANTONIO (NEED HELP URGENT!)

Wikiposts

AOS INTERVIEW SAN ANTONIO (NEED HELP URGENT!)

Old Jul 26th 2002, 6:20 am
Gk

Default AOS INTERVIEW SAN ANTONIO (NEED HELP URGENT!)

HELLO!

WE MOVED TO HOUSTON ON 5/13/02 because I got a job and thus we sent in a letter for
change of address to SAN ANTONIO INS, HOUSTON INS, TSC and AR-11. SAN ANTONIO NEVER
CHANGED OUR ADDRESS, NEVER TRANSFERRED THE FILE. ANY WAY, YESTERDAY OUR LAWYER
RECEIVED A LETTER FOR OUR AOS INTERVIEW, WHICH IS IN SAN ANTONIO. WE HAVE NOT
RECEIVED ANY THING. ANYWAY, THE INTERVIEW IS ON THURSDAY AUGUST 1ST. WE NEVER
EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN THIS SOON. I WAS AN F-1 BEFORE THIS AOS APPLICATION. WE FILED
IN NOVEMBER 2001. ANY WAY, NOW WE NEED HELP DESPERATELY. THEY GAVE US 4 DAYS TO
PREPARE. WHAT DO WE NEED TO TAKE AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO. WE HAVE A PROOF THAT WE DID
APPLIED FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS, BUT THEY NEVER CHANGED IT. SO, IS THAT CONSIDERED OUR
FAULT? OR WHAT?

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THAT? ALSO, WHAT DOCUMENTS AND WHAT SHOULD WE TAKE WITH US.
PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE ARE IN LOT OF STRESS. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU EVERYONE. I WILL
CONTINUE POSTING MY EXPERIENCE AFTER WE ARE DONE WITH EVERYTHING. THANK YOU.

Old Jul 26th 2002, 7:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS INTERVIEW SAN ANTONIO (NEED HELP URGENT!)

Why is your attorney allowing you to attend the interview in San Antonio? You are no longer in their district and in all probability they will not conduct the interview once this is known.

Rete
Old Jul 26th 2002, 8:20 am
Mdudall

Have your attorney call San Antonio to see if they will still conduct the interview
there even though you no longer live within that office's jurisdiction (I doubt they
will). If they say they won't, then your attorney can make sure they transfer your
file to the appropriate office for you.

Did your attorney submit the change of address materials for you? If so, than the
attorney can take the position that he (or she) personally knows the change of
address materials were submitted since he (or she) mailed them on X date via X form
of delivery. Perhaps your attorney sent along a cover letter to San Antonio with the
change of address materials where he (or she) specifically asked them to transfer
your file to Houston. If so, then there is evidence that the INS screwed up by not
transferring your file.

This is probably not a big problem. Just takes a phone call to resolve.

Good luck.

Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney

Old Jul 26th 2002, 11:20 am
Lal

Please DON'T WRITE IN ALL CAPS it's hurts my ears.

[email protected] (GK) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...

> HELLO!
    >
    > WE MOVED TO HOUSTON ON 5/13/02 because I got a job and thus we sent in a letter for
    > change of address to SAN ANTONIO INS, HOUSTON INS, TSC and AR-11. SAN ANTONIO NEVER
    > CHANGED OUR ADDRESS, NEVER TRANSFERRED THE FILE. ANY WAY, YESTERDAY OUR LAWYER
    > RECEIVED A LETTER FOR OUR AOS INTERVIEW, WHICH IS IN SAN ANTONIO. WE HAVE NOT
    > RECEIVED ANY THING. ANYWAY, THE INTERVIEW IS ON THURSDAY AUGUST 1ST. WE NEVER
    > EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN THIS SOON. I WAS AN F-1 BEFORE THIS AOS APPLICATION. WE
    > FILED IN NOVEMBER 2001. ANY WAY, NOW WE NEED HELP DESPERATELY. THEY GAVE US 4 DAYS
    > TO PREPARE. WHAT DO WE NEED TO TAKE AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO. WE HAVE A PROOF THAT WE
    > DID APPLIED FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS, BUT THEY NEVER CHANGED IT. SO, IS THAT
    > CONSIDERED OUR FAULT? OR WHAT?
    >
    > WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THAT? ALSO, WHAT DOCUMENTS AND WHAT SHOULD WE TAKE WITH US.
    > PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE ARE IN LOT OF STRESS. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU EVERYONE. I
    > WILL CONTINUE POSTING MY EXPERIENCE AFTER WE ARE DONE WITH EVERYTHING. THANK YOU.