Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview questions (I-864 + vac supplement)

Wikiposts

AOS interview questions (I-864 + vac supplement)

Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

atothel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS interview questions (I-864 + vac supplement)

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been here, but since I've been steered so well by the folks at BEP and VK in the past, I thought I'd run this new situation by you.

I got my EAD card last week in the mail. Surprise surprise, today I get my AOS interview appointment letter - the date is Feb 15th in Jacksonville... I wasn't expecting that for a good 7 or 8 months or more. While I'm certainly happy about this its thrown up a couple of issues I need to get clarified.

1) My wife is currently working her 2 weeks notice at her job! She goes back to school next week, and will take up a part time job at a local tax office. This alone will probably not be enough to meet the USCIS financial guidelines, and I haven't got a job yet as I've been waiting for my EAD. (Since my interview is just over 4 weeks away its unlikely I'll be able to go through a whole application/interview/offer process for a job in that time either.) My wife's current job (the one she quits this Friday!) have talked about keeping her on part time to help train her replacement, but this is not set in stone yet. If the worst happens and the PT position doesn't materialise... does anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be viewed by my friends in the USCIS? We have decent savings to get by while I job hunt etc...

2) When I had my medical in Edinburgh for the K1 all my required vaccinations for the visa were already up to date. At the POE in JFK airport the officer took my sealed envelope to process the paperwork, and then gave me the yellow form the Edinburgh doc had filled out (DS3025 page 1). I submitted a copy of this with my AOS I-485 application after we got married. I didn't receive any RFEs before the interview letter came... so I have 2 questions...

a) do I need a Vaccination supplement
b) the closest civil surgeon is 3 hours drive away. If I call them and they're funny about taking phone payments, someone on VJ has suggested a doc in Seattle who definitely WILL provide a Vac supplement if I fax through my records (and for just $30)... is a Seattle civil surgeon ok to use even though I'm in Tallahassee, Florida? Or do you have to use a Florida surgeon?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 1:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview questions (I-864 + vac supplement)

atothel,

On your question #2, if that DS-3025 shows that you've had all of the required vaccinations, and any you haven't had should be waived as medically inappropriate, then you may not need the I-693 vaccination supplement. My wife did not.

Most people who I see reporting that they needed the vaccination supplement seem to be told in the form of an RFE when the adjustment application is submitted. And they often don't include in their report whether or not their vaccinations were complete (they don't need to be for a K visa).

You've passed that hurdle, but the case officer who reviews your file and conducts your interview may yet decide that they want the vaccination supplement.

Long way of saying that you won't know until the interview is over.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by atothel
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been here, but since I've been steered so well by the folks at BEP and VK in the past, I thought I'd run this new situation by you.

I got my EAD card last week in the mail. Surprise surprise, today I get my AOS interview appointment letter - the date is Feb 15th in Jacksonville... I wasn't expecting that for a good 7 or 8 months or more. While I'm certainly happy about this its thrown up a couple of issues I need to get clarified.

1) My wife is currently working her 2 weeks notice at her job! She goes back to school next week, and will take up a part time job at a local tax office. This alone will probably not be enough to meet the USCIS financial guidelines, and I haven't got a job yet as I've been waiting for my EAD. (Since my interview is just over 4 weeks away its unlikely I'll be able to go through a whole application/interview/offer process for a job in that time either.) My wife's current job (the one she quits this Friday!) have talked about keeping her on part time to help train her replacement, but this is not set in stone yet. If the worst happens and the PT position doesn't materialise... does anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be viewed by my friends in the USCIS? We have decent savings to get by while I job hunt etc...

2) When I had my medical in Edinburgh for the K1 all my required vaccinations for the visa were already up to date. At the POE in JFK airport the officer took my sealed envelope to process the paperwork, and then gave me the yellow form the Edinburgh doc had filled out (DS3025 page 1). I submitted a copy of this with my AOS I-485 application after we got married. I didn't receive any RFEs before the interview letter came... so I have 2 questions...

a) do I need a Vaccination supplement
b) the closest civil surgeon is 3 hours drive away. If I call them and they're funny about taking phone payments, someone on VJ has suggested a doc in Seattle who definitely WILL provide a Vac supplement if I fax through my records (and for just $30)... is a Seattle civil surgeon ok to use even though I'm in Tallahassee, Florida? Or do you have to use a Florida surgeon?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide...