Wikiposts

AOS Interview Question

Old Feb 9th 2002, 10:57 am
Christina

Hi all,

I am sure that this question has been asked before and I am sure that I read about
it. I just received my AOS interview date today and my husband who is also the
sponsor just lost his job last week. He has never been unemployed and now this has
happened. We are supposed to bring a letter from his current employer to the
interview with us. Now what do we do? Will this affect their decision? Any help and
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all!

Chris

Old Feb 9th 2002, 12:19 pm
Michael Voight

Christina wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes, being unemployed might affect the decision. Are you working? Is your income
adequate to meet the 125 percent guideline. If married and living together for more
than 6 months, then your income can be counted. What about assets. Assets can be
counted toward the income requirement at a 20 percent rate.

Old Feb 9th 2002, 12:43 pm
Hog

I believe you can have someone co-sponser. Maybe his parents will co-sign.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 24th 2002, 1:05 am
Caobin Zhu

Default Re: AOS Interview Question

No, you do not need the emplyer letter. At least they did not check mine when I went
to do my wife's AOS interview in boston two weeks ago.

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:43:27 GMT, "hog" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I believe you can have someone co-sponser. Maybe his parents will co-sign.
    >
    >"Christina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am sure that this question has been asked before and I am sure that I read about
    >> it. I just received my AOS interview date today and my husband who is also the
    >> sponsor just lost his job last week. He has never been unemployed and now this has
    >> happened. We are supposed to bring a letter from his current employer to the
    >> interview with us. Now what do we do? Will this affect their decision? Any help
    >> and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all!
    >>
    >> Chris
    >

Old Mar 26th 2002, 5:33 pm
Wendy Buell

Default Re: AOS Interview Question

I didn't have an employer letter, but I did have my current paystub and some other
verification that I worked where I claimed, our interviewer asked for it, and also
asked me questions about my job, she also asked my husband about my job..

"Caobin Zhu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > No, you do not need the emplyer letter. At least they did not check mine when I
    > went to do my wife's AOS interview in boston two weeks ago.
    >
    > On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:43:27 GMT, "hog" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I believe you can have someone co-sponser. Maybe his parents will co-sign.
    > >
    > >"Christina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> I am sure that this question has been asked before and I am sure that I read
    > >> about it. I just received my AOS interview date today and my husband who is also
    > >> the sponsor just lost his job last week. He has never been unemployed and now
    > >> this has happened. We are supposed to bring a letter from his current employer
    > >> to the interview with us. Now what do we do? Will this affect their decision?
    > >> Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all!
    > >>
    > >> Chris
    > >>