Reload this Page >

AOS interview at Newark

Wikiposts

AOS interview at Newark

Old Mar 31st 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS interview at Newark

Well, as you know our K3 was finally granted on the 9Th of December 2003 after 6 months awaiting security clearance.
We then filed the AOS package on January 30, and guess what?
We have an AOS appointment on April 15 at Newark.
Does this make any sense? We were expecting the work permit to come before this, and also, the fingerprint appointment is only a WEEK before the interview....

Is this normal, should we be happy, sad, worried....
Any experiences frm Newark are appreciated.
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

janousek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS interview at Newark

Originally posted by salooni110
Well, as you know our K3 was finally granted on the 9Th of December 2003 after 6 months awaiting security clearance.
We then filed the AOS package on January 30, and guess what?
We have an AOS appointment on April 15 at Newark.
Does this make any sense? We were expecting the work permit to come before this, and also, the fingerprint appointment is only a WEEK before the interview....

Thanks
Hi Salooni,

I would say be happy and prepare for AOS interview. Also if i were in your situation, I'd go ahead and get EAD, even if my interview is after 3-4 days of my EAD appointment.

-Janousek
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by salooni110
Thanks
What is your first emotional reaction. After that, what is your intellectual reaction?

You should know from reading the forum that successful adjudication depends on many factors, i.e. your proof of a viable marriage, your financial ability to sponsor or availability of a co-sponsor if you are not, name and print clearance by the FBI, CIA and IBIS, etc. You also have read that those clearances take weeks to clear and find its way into your file. You've also have read that if you interview and if any of the above criteria, or others, are not met successfully or are incomplete, that the adjudication will be delayed.

If the latter is the case, then your husband still needs an employment document in order to work and obtain a social security card since he is on a K-3 visa at present.

Hope that everything falls into place for your husband.

Rete
Old Mar 31st 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

RubyWine is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask where you live. I'm asking because I'm in PA and we have been told that our office to file for AOS is Philly. Only thing is, we are actually nearer Newark by one hour than we are to Philly.

Pauline

And congratulations on getting your AOS interview!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in North Jersey, so Newark is the closest office to us.

My husband still has no appointment for an EAD.. I was wondering if the aplication shuld be delayed (since it will, he has no fingerprints yet!) will he have to go back for the EAD again, or do they give him a stamp at the AOS interview?

Originally posted by RubyWine
Can I ask where you live. I'm asking because I'm in PA and we have been told that our office to file for AOS is Philly. Only thing is, we are actually nearer Newark by one hour than we are to Philly.

Pauline

And congratulations on getting your AOS interview!