Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Miami..we were approved,buuuut...

Wikiposts

AOS Interview Miami..we were approved,buuuut...

Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:31 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview Miami..we were approved,buuuut...

I have to go back to Miami at 7am Monday morning as he wanted additional documents.

The officer we had was really nice but there were a few extra things he wanted.

A letter from Corey saying that he wasn't working, and what his plans were.

An extra paystub from me. He was satisfied with my income supporting us both but I only took 2 paystubs and he wanted an extra one.

Form I-864a from me. We took a joint one in Corey's name with my income added, but he agreed that the instructions were very confusing and said I needed to fill out the I-864a.

Corey's tax transcripts for 2002. I SWEAR I had those in the file, but I must have read the dates wrong, as we only had 2000, 2001 & 2003. I could've kicked myself!!!

All in all, it was a lot of waiting around and very tiring, but the officer was really understanding, and said that the sooner I get back there with the docs, the sooner he can approve us, as he didn't want to see us held up for such minor things. I ran round like a blue-arsed fly yesterday trying to get the transcripts, and we succeeded, and the other stuff is pretty much done, too. Phew!!! I'll post our whole experience here on Monday morn when I get back from Miami.

Kate. xxx
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview Miami..we were approved,buuuut...

WOW!!

Kate,

Thanks for the post. It's obvious that they really do require every last i dotted and t crossed.

That's interesting stuff about the I-864a. Is that sort of like sponsoring yourself?

Anyway, I'm sorry you'll have to go back, but I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out.

Leslie

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I have to go back to Miami at 7am Monday morning as he wanted additional documents.

An extra paystub from me. He was satisfied with my income supporting us both but I only took 2 paystubs and he wanted an extra one.

Form I-864a from me. We took a joint one in Corey's name with my income added, but he agreed that the instructions were very confusing and said I needed to fill out the I-864a.

Corey's tax transcripts for 2002. I SWEAR I had those in the file, but I must have read the dates wrong, as we only had 2000, 2001 & 2003. I could've kicked myself!!!

All in all, it was a lot of waiting around and very tiring, but the officer was really understanding, and said that the sooner I get back there with the docs, the sooner he can approve us, as he didn't want to see us held up for such minor things. I ran round like a blue-arsed fly yesterday trying to get the transcripts, and we succeeded, and the other stuff is pretty much done, too. Phew!!! I'll post our whole experience here on Monday morn when I get back from Miami.

Kate. xxx
Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:02 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

<snip>but the officer was really understanding, and said that the sooner I get back there with the docs, the sooner he can approve us, as he didn't want to see us held up for such minor things. I ran round like a blue-arsed fly yesterday trying to get the transcripts, and we succeeded, and the other stuff is pretty much done, too. Phew!!! I'll post our whole experience here on Monday morn when I get back from Miami.

Kate. xxx

Sounds like it went well, Kate Although I'm sure you would have preferred to have been done with it all yesterday
My daughter who has been in the US since 1989/1990, first as a student and later on a work-type visa (don't remember now exactly what type married in 1999 and they filed I-130 (in Los Angeles). They had to return with photocopies of documents after her AOS interview and were approved pretty quickly after that. I had told her how to do it and she decided to be totally flippant about the whole thing She was totally unstressed about the process and thought I was fussing about nothing -- and she has been proved right as it turns out
Sounds like you'll be just fine Keep us posted, ducks...
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:14 am
fukumanc1976

Originally posted by Leslie66
WOW!!

Kate,

Thanks for the post. It's obvious that I like to suck cocks all day and let dirty nasty camel jockeys pound my tight asshole. they really do require every last i dotted and t crossed.

That's interesting stuff about the I-864a. Is that sort of like sponsoring yourself?

Anyway, I'm sorry you'll have to go back, but I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out.

Leslie
good luck

Old Jun 26th 2004, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

kate..just one more hurdle and u're there... i'm gonna wait till monday for the real congrats...

gabriel...
Old Jun 26th 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

tcylinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the posting. We have our AOS appointment on July 7 and I, as the sponsor, am out of work as well. My wife makes enough money to satisfy the poverty guidelines but I have been uncertain about the I-864A as well. Although I've read that the spouse of the sponsor doesn't need to fill it out, and others here have agreed, I am going to fill it out anyway as it can't hurt to have it in case our officer asks for it like yours did. I think the instructions for the I-864 or the NOA (forget which one) stated that you should bring pay stubbs for the most recent two months of work. My strategy is to bring as much evidence as I can. It will suck making copies of all this stuff but I want to be ready for any and everything they might ask for.

From reading your post, I will now draft up a letter stating my plans as an unemployed person as this is something I didn't think of doing. I was going to prepare something to say but putting it in writing is a great idea.

Best of luck to you and I'm sure you'll be approved when you go back Monday morning with the additional evidence!

Kate. xxx
Old Jun 26th 2004, 6:17 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tcylinder
<snip> It will suck making copies of all this stuff but I want to be ready for any and everything they might ask for.
Good idea!! I took a set of photocopies of all the evidence I had brought with me (which was not much as I adjusted status within three months of our marriage) to my interview. But the lady just wanted to see the original of our marriage certificate and my passport and proceeded to photocopy the original marriage certificate herself, although there was a copy of it already filed with my application?!
My daughter on the otherhand, didn't take photocopies (she couldn't be bothered ) and the lady who interviewed her wanted a set for her files. So different district offices different procedure, it would seem...
Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate. xxx
What a pain in the **** eh?. I hope everything goes well on Monday, I'm sure it will and we will be reading a happier post from you
Old Jun 26th 2004, 10:40 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Kate. xxx

Kate!! sorry I am so late to your thread!!
The officer was nice but very picky!!, I am sorry you guys didn't get the stamp but as long as you have all the documentation you will get the approval in a heartbit!!!
Have a very nice weekend chickie!!
Can't wait for monday, I am so excited!!, Keep us updated PLEASE!!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 12:28 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Kate. xxx
Well they seem very picky, don't they? Glad that everything else was in order, and good luck tomorrow morning, it sounds like just a formality and you are approved!!

Debbie
Old Jun 27th 2004, 12:52 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate. xxx
Sorry to hear that you have to go back. But this should be it.

Good Luck