Wikiposts

AOS Interview-Maine

Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

kstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to all
Default AOS Interview-Maine

So we got our I-797 with instructions for our April 13th, 2009 AOS initial interview in Portland, Maine. Everything looks pretty standard, I have a binder with everything under the sun and more, as well as a copy of everything under the sun (BC/Pass port, ID,income tax-joint, insurance-joint, bank accounts-joint, car title in both names, marriage license, I-94,SS cards, Scrap books from the wedding and when we were dating, copy of the vaccination records -not sealed, copy of the Affidavit of support etc..) Has anyone been to the Portland, Maine office for this interview? any thoughts, suggestions, advice? I'm not too concerned, the only thing I am worried about is some mess up with the Affidavit and Immunizations, since I don't have the original (this was done in London for Packet 3 I am assuming) and the Affidavit I sent to the London Embassy before my husbands interview, so is it safe to say all of that stuff is taken care of? We don't need to do it over, correct?

Like I said I'm not too worried and if there is a problem I am sure there will be some way to amend it-I hope!

Thanks to anyone who has advice!

~Kate
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:44 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview-Maine

I renewed my greencard there 4 years ago and it was a breeze. I walked into the building to be met by a security guard who must have been at least 70 years old who told me to walk through the metal detector. Then I sat down in the waiting area until a nice chap opened a door and said "You must be SagenOnion, come on in". He briefly asked me if any of my circumstances had changed, took a new photo and finger prints, put my application form in an envelope and then punched 2 holes in my greencard and stuck a sticker on it giving in another years validity. He told me that I should get my new card within about 6 months but just in case it was delayed he put a year on the card. The entire process lasted less than 20 minutes from parking in the lot to driving out. Considering my previous experiences had always been in downtown Los Angeles, where a whole day was needed for anything of this nature, it was a terrific and even friendly event.

Oh....new greencard was in my mail box 3 weeks later.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The old codger in security who is as old as the country, related to the security at Bangor airport

Anyway, it's a small building, not much seating, but it's pretty empty anyway, especially after lunch. It's two minutes past the mall which is handy.

Folks there are nice and polite too, so you shouldn't have a problem and it sounds like you've got everything covered.

good luck
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:12 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know if the old fella is still there. I thought he was on his last legs about 5 years ago. I am fairly sure he was there to witness the signing of the Constitution.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:39 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

OMG...how funny...I remember the old bloke too!!!

I kept beeping going through the detector, and he blushed and asked me if I had an underwired bra on
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

epymsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget to take a new copy of the I-864 if any of the details have changed. Other than that you should be set. I had mine in Denver, CO and it went so smoothly. The conversation went:
  • simple question
  • simple question
  • what's your father in law's middle name
  • simple question
  • simple question
  • what is your wife's birthdate

Not that these are difficult questions, but they just chuck em in there when you don't expect it. Its not like they lead up to them if you know what I mean...
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

kstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to all

Thanks everyone, I'm sure it will be fairly simple. It is Maine afterall. I read your posts and asked Pete (by brit hubby) who was there when he went for his biometrics in November and he said "This really old security guard" so I am guessing he's still there. I will report how it went though!

Thanks again for all the advice.

~Kate