Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview last month, still no news of approval of GC

AOS Interview last month, still no news of approval of GC

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

sereanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AOS Interview last month, still no news of approval of GC

I had my AOS interview with my husband on July 26, 2006 in Milwaukee and I have not received a letter of approval/GC. The interviewer told us that she would make the decision at the end of the day when we went in last month. She also said it would take 4-6 weeks. I've heard of people getting theirs in a matter of days. I am worried.
What could be the hold up?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview last month, still no news of approval of GC

Originally Posted by sereanna
I had my AOS interview with my husband on July 26, 2006 in Milwaukee and I have not received a letter of approval/GC. The interviewer told us that she would make the decision at the end of the day when we went in last month. She also said it would take 4-6 weeks. I've heard of people getting theirs in a matter of days. I am worried.
What could be the hold up?
Perhaps the decision was "no"? Perhaps you weren't approved for some reason, such as security checks pending. It also hasn't yet been 6 weeks, which is the time frame she gave you. I'd wait another few weeks, then make an Infopass to go inquire in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

sereanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Perhaps the decision was "no"? Perhaps you weren't approved for some reason, such as security checks pending. It also hasn't yet been 6 weeks, which is the time frame she gave you. I'd wait another few weeks, then make an Infopass to go inquire in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks for the reply. Do they tell you if the decison was "no"? She told us that she had all the evidence she needed to make her decision and yet delayed it. Argh. Waiting is not my strongest suit. I was supposed to go with my husband to the Philippines after the interview, stupidly thinking I would get my passport stamped. I was so optimistic after knowing so many people having good luck. There really is not telling with the INS.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sereanna
Thanks for the reply. Do they tell you if the decison was "no"? She told us that she had all the evidence she needed to make her decision and yet delayed it. Argh. Waiting is not my strongest suit. I was supposed to go with my husband to the Philippines after the interview, stupidly thinking I would get my passport stamped. I was so optimistic after knowing so many people having good luck. There really is not telling with the INS.
I doubt it was completely denied. Maybe she was waiting till the end of the day for security checks to complete or something. As you said, there's no way of really knowing at this point. I know how frustrating it is. Give it a few more weeks...then make the Infopass appointment.

Rene