Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview III (final)

Wikiposts

AOS Interview III (final)

Old Jul 16th 2002, 1:20 pm
Rob

Default AOS Interview III (final)

I have an appointment scheduled at 9am. Can I expect to be interviewed at 9am or is
everybody invited at 9am and it will be first come first serve. If so how long did
you have to wait and to which office (city) did you have to go?

Rob

Old Jul 17th 2002, 2:20 am
L D Jones

Default Re: AOS Interview III (final)

rob wrote:
    >
    > I have an appointment scheduled at 9am. Can I expect to be interviewed at 9am or is
    > everybody invited at 9am and it will be first come first

It seems doubtful you will be interviewed at exactly that time. Usually there is a
queue (line) to join and a waiting period.

> serve. If so how long did you have to wait and to which office (city) did you
    > have to go?

If you post the city in which the office is located I would guess someone here can
describe a personal experience. Much depends on how many people are already there
when you arrive and whether they let in people with appointment letters ahead of the
remainder.

Old Jul 17th 2002, 8:20 am
Rob

Default Re: AOS Interview III (final)

Thanks for all your inputs. Unfortunately, my wife couldn't make it to the
appointment. I did go there anyways and was called in a couple of minute before my
scheduled appointment. Immediately, I was asked that if my wife wasn't here. While
walking to the office I explained the circumstances why she couldn't make it. The
person I was talking to was extremly polite and said that he has to reschedule the
appointment. He also explained that he couldn't interview me unless my wife was
there. I told him that I understand and that I only came here in the hope of being
able the reschedule the appointment (and not get my whole application denied ).
Finally, I was told that I will get another invitation with an appointment within
30-90 days. It was a surprinsignly pleasent experience considering the circumstances.

Rob

[email protected] (rob) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I have an appointment scheduled at 9am. Can I expect to be interviewed at 9am or is
    > everybody invited at 9am and it will be first come first serve. If so how long did
    > you have to wait and to which office (city) did you have to go?
    >
    > Rob