Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Experience Today in Los Angeles....

AOS Interview Experience Today in Los Angeles....

Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:36 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview Experience Today in Los Angeles....

Originally Posted by Rete
Frankly not many people read the FAQ posting under my name at the start of the forum and I got darn tired of asking over and over again for people to update by posting their experiences. Will have to start doing it again because it is a waste for a good resource to go to waste.

Thank you.

Too true. I'll have to go through and look at the links. i know I started posting our timeline on some of them but I haven't been very good at keeping up to date. Will revisit them later as I'm going to have some more champagne and a bit of celebratory rumpy pumpy with hubby before he has to get back to work
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:42 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Time to celebrate
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:03 pm

Congrats!! You must feel ecstatic and relieved!

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AOS Interview Experience Today in Los Angeles....

Congratulations - I am sure its a huge relief now its all over
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:17 pm
akvrpn

Congrats.... In fact you can apply for citizenship 3 years minus 90
days from today...

ladygwennie wrote:
    > > APPROVED!!
    > >
    > > We got there about 45 mins early and the line was to the end of the
    > > block as the building hadn't opened. They started letting us in
    > > around 7.15am. The signs say that they don't allow any equipment
    > > capable of taking a photograph but they asked to see my camera
    > > cellphone and let it in. Folinsky was right again :D
    > >
    > > Went up to the 8th floor, found out we could go and get something to
    > > eat on the 3rd and go back for interview. I can heartily recommend
    > > the egg and bacon muffin for anyone planning a house remodelling or
    > > needing a few extra bricks for that new patio. We were back upstairs
    > > about 20 mins before our interview time. We waited for an hour after
    > > our scheduled time before we were called. The officer apologised for
    > > the wait and we went into her office. We were sworn in and then took
    > > a seat. She asked for ID so we gave her our passoprts, then she asked
    > > for State ID. We used our driver's licenses. She asked why we took
    > > so long to AOS and we just said we were just so overwhelmed by the K3
    > > process we were in no hurry to start again, that we were doing it
    > > ourselves this time so we took a while to get familiar with the
    > > process and that we had in the meantime done EAD's and SSN's
    > > ourselves. She seemed happy at that.
    > >
    > > Then she asked for joint assets, liabilities and other evidence of our
    > > relationship. I gave her medical and dental details; photocopies of
    > > health ins cards, reimbursements, claim history going back to 2003
    > > (not complete but between everything we gave that period was covered).
    > > Last two months bank statements. Photocopies of all our credit cards
    > > together as I'm not named on the cc bills but we do have joint cards.
    > > AAA membership renewal letter. Car registration and car loan.
    > > Childcare reimbursement forms. She flicked through circling and
    > > ticking where our names appeared.
    > >
    > > She asked for our EAD's and SSN's. She asked how we met. She asked
    > > my son what school he went to and if he liked it here. She asked
    > > hubby how he got along with my son. Whether we had any kids together.
    > > How many times we'd been married. And then we got to the photos.
    > >
    > > I had brought all three wedding albums and she looked at all of them.
    > > I pointed out my cousin's who were bridesmaids and ushers, she asked
    > > me if one of the guests was my mom, it was. I pointed out that it was
    > > my dad giving me away. And I showed her my grandmother. She seemed
    > > to like the wedding pics as I had about 15 family and friends there
    > > and it was a bit of a production :D
    > >
    > > Then I gave her a 4 page montage of pics that she asked to keep. I
    > > just printed them out scrapbook style with little captions showing who
    > > everyone was and their relationship to me or hubby. I included pics
    > > of us together, our kids together, various family members of mine when
    > > they were visiting (with hubby in pic), me with hubby's sister at her
    > > wedding, and a couple of us at our wedding and all our family at the
    > > wedding rehearsal. I put them in chronological order and put pic's of
    > > our xmas tree each year too. She asked to keep them.
    > >
    > > She asked about our trips abroad. We have travelled around the
    > > world together and all the visas were in there. We didn't have any
    > > pictures from our trips as they are on the old computer but she
    > > didn't ask for any.
    > >
    > > She didn't want any of the other stuff they ask for in the letter. No
    > > paystubs, employers letter, W2's, birth certificates etc etc. She
    > > didn't even look at them. In fact she started laughing and said,
    > > enough, enough, I can see you two are genuinely married.
    > >
    > > Then she said as we have been married more than two years we will get
    > > approved without conditions and that if I want to apply for
    > > citizenship I'm eligible 3 years from today. She said
    > > congratulations, gave us the letter and told us the card will arrive
    > > within two weeks. She explained that if I need to travel before it
    > > arrives I can make an Infopass appointment and get the stamp. It also
    > > says all that in the letter.
    > >
    > > That was it. We were out of her office in half an hour.
    > Congratulations! Time to celebrate :beer:
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:25 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you guys. It's a relief, keep re-reading my letter. Just got to obsess over when the GC is going to arrive.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:43 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Brilliant news CB!!!! Congratulations!!

Enjoy your celebration!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:00 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Brilliant news CB!!!! Congratulations!!

Enjoy your celebration!
Hi FlyergirlUK. Thanks. Seems were going in different directions now!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
She said congratulations, gave us the letter and told us the card will arrive within two weeks.
Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:59 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

Ian
Thanks Ian! Not that wonderful. I'm still going to be hanging around for the next two weeks until I get my GC, I'm sure I'll think up some inane questions to ask in that time.

And when it arrives there's the whole 'what colour is it/should it be' thread to start. I can hardly wait
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

APPROVED!!

We got there about 45 mins early and the line was to the end of the block as the building hadn't opened. They started letting us in around 7.15am. The signs say that they don't allow any equipment capable of taking a photograph but they asked to see my camera cellphone and let it in. Folinsky was right again

Went up to the 8th floor, found out we could go and get something to eat on the 3rd and go back She explained that if I need to travel before it arrives I can make an Infopass appointment and get the stamp. It also says all that in the letter.
snip!

That was it. We were out of her office in half an hour.
CONGRATULATIONS SURFER GIRL
Well done!! Wooo!! let's go party (I miss that dancing smiley..)
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:27 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

APPROVED!!

We got there about 45 mins early and the line was to the end of the block as the building hadn't opened. They started letting us in around 7.15am. The signs say that they don't allow any equipment capable of taking a photograph but they asked to see my camera cellphone and let it in. Folinsky was right again

Went up to the 8th floor, found out we could go and get something to eat on the 3rd and go back for interview. I can heartily recommend the egg and bacon muffin for anyone planning a house remodelling or needing a few extra bricks for that new patio. We were back upstairs about 20 mins before our interview time. We waited for an hour after our scheduled time before we were called. The officer apologised for the wait and we went into her office. We were sworn in and then took a seat. She asked for ID so we gave her our passoprts, then she asked for State ID. We used our driver's licenses. She asked why we took so long to AOS and we just said we were just so overwhelmed by the K3 process we were in no hurry to start again, that we were doing it ourselves this time so we took a while to get familiar with the process and that we had in the meantime done EAD's and SSN's ourselves. She seemed happy at that.

Then she asked for joint assets, liabilities and other evidence of our relationship. I gave her medical and dental details; photocopies of health ins cards, reimbursements, claim history going back to 2003 (not complete but between everything we gave that period was covered). Last two months bank statements. Photocopies of all our credit cards together as I'm not named on the cc bills but we do have joint cards. AAA membership renewal letter. Car registration and car loan. Childcare reimbursement forms. She flicked through circling and ticking where our names appeared.

She asked for our EAD's and SSN's. She asked how we met. She asked my son what school he went to and if he liked it here. She asked hubby how he got along with my son. Whether we had any kids together. How many times we'd been married. And then we got to the photos.

I had brought all three wedding albums and she looked at all of them. I pointed out my cousin's who were bridesmaids and ushers, she asked me if one of the guests was my mom, it was. I pointed out that it was my dad giving me away. And I showed her my grandmother. She seemed to like the wedding pics as I had about 15 family and friends there and it was a bit of a production

Then I gave her a 4 page montage of pics that she asked to keep. I just printed them out scrapbook style with little captions showing who everyone was and their relationship to me or hubby. I included pics of us together, our kids together, various family members of mine when they were visiting (with hubby in pic), me with hubby's sister at her wedding, and a couple of us at our wedding and all our family at the wedding rehearsal. I put them in chronological order and put pic's of our xmas tree each year too. She asked to keep them.

She asked about our trips abroad. We have travelled around the world together and all the visas were in there. We didn't have any pictures from our trips as they are on the old computer but she didn't ask for any.

She didn't want any of the other stuff they ask for in the letter. No paystubs, employers letter, W2's, birth certificates etc etc. She didn't even look at them. In fact she started laughing and said, enough, enough, I can see you two are genuinely married.

Then she said as we have been married more than two years we will get approved without conditions and that if I want to apply for citizenship I'm eligible 3 years from today. She said congratulations, gave us the letter and told us the card will arrive within two weeks. She explained that if I need to travel before it arrives I can make an Infopass appointment and get the stamp. It also says all that in the letter.

That was it. We were out of her office in half an hour.
Nice one! I have my interview next week in Newark, so hopefully I'll have some good news of my own
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Congrats for the approval!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ndori
Congrats for the approval!!!

Ditto!!!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:50 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CB

Wonderful news, congratulations. You can now breath a sigh of relief.... well, at least a short sigh until your GC arrives. Best wishes to you, hubby and the children.

Maggie