Wikiposts

AOS interview evidence

Old May 8th 2008, 11:40 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview evidence

Originally Posted by koogar
Thanks SG.
I'll ask my mum to see if she can get them for me tomorrow.
It should work. While you're at it, you might want an extra copy of your birth certificate and a copy of any previous marriage certificates if you were married before. One stop shopping!

You listed your kids on the I-751, right?

(Fingers crossed.....some people think it means only children born to the present relationship.......but they want all of them listed)

~SG
Old May 8th 2008, 11:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
You listed your kids on the I-751, right?
Still getting the I-485 handled.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:57 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Still getting the I-485 handled.
Duh, I could have looked at the thread title.

Ok, so, to the OP...............you listed your kids on the I-485, right?

~SG
Old May 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Duh, I could have looked at the thread title.

Ok, so, to the OP...............you listed your kids on the I-485, right?

~SG
Yea, kids were listed anywhere it asked if I had kids.
Just didn't think I'd need their BCs as they are staying in England.
Ah well...... live and learn.
Just hope mum can get them and get them out here in 2 weeks
Old May 8th 2008, 12:16 pm
The Missus

Yea, kids were listed anywhere it asked if I had kids.
Just didn't think I'd need their BCs as they are staying in England.
Ah well...... live and learn.
Just hope mum can get them and get them out here in 2 weeks
As an aside, I don't know if you are planning to naturalize eventually, but one of the things they ask for on the N-400 (husband submitted his almost six months ago) is proof that you are paying child support, even though your kids are in the UK.

We've been sending his ex-wife in the UK a check every quarter since he was authorized to work, and have taken copies of those checks as well as showing the withdrawls for GBP bank drafts to her on the corresponding bank statements.

Just a little something for you to know in case you plan to naturalize.

Pays to think ahead!

~SG
Old May 8th 2008, 12:29 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside, I don't know if you are planning to naturalize eventually, but one of the things they ask for on the N-400 (husband submitted his almost six months ago) is proof that you are paying child support, even though your kids are in the UK.

We've been sending his ex-wife in the UK a check every quarter since he was authorized to work, and have taken copies of those checks as well as showing the withdrawls for GBP bank drafts to her on the corresponding bank statements.

Just a little something for you to know in case you plan to naturalize.

Pays to think ahead!

~SG
Thanks SG.
I do pay child support but they're 15 & 16 now so probably wont be still paying by the time that comes around.
Thanks for the info though.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:35 pm
The Missus

Thanks SG.
I do pay child support but they're 15 & 16 now so probably wont be still paying by the time that comes around.
Thanks for the info though.
You're welcome. But I'd still take copies or find some way of showing proof that you have paid it even if you aren't paying it when you file. They're wanting to see that you have fulfilled your legal obligations and are a candidate for naturalization who is a person of good character.

HTH and good luck!

~SG
Old May 9th 2008, 7:09 am
Whatacomplete Member

You're welcome. But I'd still take copies or find some way of showing proof that you have paid it even if you aren't paying it when you file. They're wanting to see that you have fulfilled your legal obligations and are a candidate for naturalization who is a person of good character.

HTH and good luck!

~SG

Just kiddin.
Thanks again
Old May 9th 2008, 8:35 am
The Missus

Just kiddin.
Thanks again
Well, ya know.

~SG
Old May 10th 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember asking about my kids birth certificates before, but my memory could be playing tricks. Sorry if I've asked before and forgotten.
I'm sure I can get copies of their BCs without their mom's help and I will start trying to do that tomorrow when the UK wakes up. I'm just concerned about the time frame now (only 2 weeks).
As for already knowing about something I could be denied for, (I presume you mean something illegal), there isn't anything. Doesn't stop me worrying though. I'm one of those people who feels guilty walking out of a superstore without buying anything incase they think I'm stealing
Thanks for the info anyway. Your double-act seems to be coming along well
When Keith needed extra copies of birth certificates, it only took a day. His mum got them, and mailed them over. So perhaps a friend or someone over there could get them and mail them to you.
Old May 21st 2008, 5:53 am
Whatacomplete Member

Got the kids birth certificates through from england yesterday
2 days til our interview
Old May 21st 2008, 9:13 am
The Missus

Got the kids birth certificates through from england yesterday
2 days til our interview
Good news! Good luck. It will be fine, you'll see.

~SG
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:07 am
Whatacomplete Member

Thanks for all your help & advice everyone.
Interview is tomorrow.
We'll let you know how it goes.