Wikiposts

AOS interview evidence

Old May 8th 2008, 7:09 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS interview evidence

On the interview notice we got, it says "if you have children, bring a birth certificate for each child".
Is this only if my children are moving to the USA with me?
Both my children (15 & 16 years old) live in England with their mother and are not moving to the US with me.
Thanks.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:34 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview evidence

Originally Posted by koogar
On the interview notice we got, it says "if you have children, bring a birth certificate for each child".
Is this only if my children are moving to the USA with me?
Both my children (15 & 16 years old) live in England with their mother and are not moving to the US with me.
Thanks.
I think it's for any children you have as a couple, not any children from pervious relationships.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
I think it's for any children you have as a couple, not any children from pervious relationships.
Another couple on this forum (Secret Garden and Mr. Pink), I believe were asked for ALL the children's birth certificates, even the ones from his previous marriage, where the children were even still in the UK and not intending to immigrate.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 8th 2008 at 8:13 am. Reason: further clarification
Old May 8th 2008, 8:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Another couple on this forum (Secret Garden and Mr. Pink), I believe were asked for ALL the children's birth certificates, even the ones from his previous marriage, where the children were even still in the UK.

Rene
lol, I started posting the same but thought I'd better look it up.. I got fuzzy on the details. I had mini-van on the brain for some reason...
Old May 8th 2008, 8:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, I started posting the same but thought I'd better look it up.. I got fuzzy on the details. I had mini-van on the brain for some reason...
You and I are just on the same wavelength these days!!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You and I are just on the same wavelength these days!!
Or are like some old, stale married couple who finish each other's thoughts...
Old May 8th 2008, 8:35 am

Or are like some old, stale married couple who finish each other's thoughts...
I already have that status with someone else, sorry. LOL
Old May 8th 2008, 10:51 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Another couple on this forum (Secret Garden and Mr. Pink), I believe were asked for ALL the children's birth certificates, even the ones from his previous marriage, where the children were even still in the UK and not intending to immigrate.

Rene
Thanks to you both for the info.
That's not good news. Last time I asked for them, their mom refused to send me copies. Not sure what else I can do other than hope they don't ask for them.
Is it an automatic denial for not having something like that or do they allow you to 'fix' the problem by sending them in later?
Only got 2 weeks to the interview.
Gettin worried again now
Old May 8th 2008, 10:57 am

That's not good news. Last time I asked for them, their mom refused to send me copies. Not sure what else I can do other than hope they don't ask for them.
Is it an automatic denial for not having something like that or do they allow you to 'fix' the problem by sending them in later?
Gettin worried again now
Say, didn't this come up when you were first posting here?
Anyway, you can order your own copies of your kids BCs from BD&M in the UK, can't you?

There are very few 'automatic denials' koogar.. they would be for something you already know about yourself.
If they have to have it, they will give you time to provide whatever is missing and approve your case when they've got it.

Seems to me this requirement was an anomaly of their local office...
Old May 8th 2008, 10:57 am

Gettin worried again now
If it's required (and only the officer will be the one to know for sure, or to request it from you), he will give you time to get the documents, it won't result in a denial.

If you are the father, can't you request a copy of the children's birth certificates on your own? Seems to me you don't need the mother's permission for that.

Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 10:58 am

Anyway, you can order your own copies of your kids BCs from BD&M in the UK, can't you?

There are very few 'automatic denials' koogar.. they would be for something you already know about yourself.
If they have to have it, they will give you time to provide whatever is missing and approve your case when they've got it.

meauxna! Stop it! LOL
Old May 8th 2008, 11:00 am

ok, ok, I just paged SG to the thread.. I'll go do something else.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:19 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

ok, ok, I just paged SG to the thread.. I'll go do something else.
Hi there!

Yes, it is true that Mr. Pink WAS asked for the birth certificates of his two minor age daughters who were staying in the UK with their mother. We were also asked for the birth certificates of my three children who live in the US with us.

He was able to get multiple copies of his daughters' birth certificates before he moved over from the UK. He did NOT have to have their mother's permission to do so, and from what he tells me ANYONE can go in and request it (for example, his parents could have gone in to request them for him). So, if you have a family member who could request them, I believe that will work.

It is possible you won't be asked for them. We didn't want to take the chance so we took care of it before he left to come over.

Good luck! (and sorry I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.......)

~SecretGarden
Old May 8th 2008, 11:25 am
Whatacomplete Member

I don't remember asking about my kids birth certificates before, but my memory could be playing tricks. Sorry if I've asked before and forgotten.
I'm sure I can get copies of their BCs without their mom's help and I will start trying to do that tomorrow when the UK wakes up. I'm just concerned about the time frame now (only 2 weeks).
As for already knowing about something I could be denied for, (I presume you mean something illegal), there isn't anything. Doesn't stop me worrying though. I'm one of those people who feels guilty walking out of a superstore without buying anything incase they think I'm stealing
Thanks for the info anyway. Your double-act seems to be coming along well
Old May 8th 2008, 11:27 am
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi there!

Yes, it is true that Mr. Pink WAS asked for the birth certificates of his two minor age daughters who were staying in the UK with their mother. We were also asked for the birth certificates of my three children who live in the US with us.

He was able to get multiple copies of his daughters' birth certificates before he moved over from the UK. He did NOT have to have their mother's permission to do so, and from what he tells me ANYONE can go in and request it (for example, his parents could have gone in to request them for him). So, if you have a family member who could request them, I believe that will work.

It is possible you won't be asked for them. We didn't want to take the chance so we took care of it before he left to come over.

Good luck! (and sorry I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.......)

~SecretGarden
Thanks SG.
I'll ask my mum to see if she can get them for me tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.