Wikiposts

AOS Interview done pending background security check

Old Jun 27th 2005, 9:54 am
lai
Just Joined

lai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview done pending background security check

Hi all,

Thanks for all the usefull advice from you all in the forum.

I had my AOS interview done and would like to share my experience with you all.
We got there 15 minutes prior to the appointment time, put the appointment letter on the window slot and took a seat.
There were some other couples in the waiting room, some family and some other people who I thought were having appointment for EAD.
After about 30 minutes waiting, I got called. She took us to her room, let us had a seat. Then she asked us to swear and begun the interview. She had my file ready on her table before she called us in. She was nice, polite and formal.

First, she wanted to see a valid ID of both of us and asked for my passport as well.
Then she started asking few questions, such as what is my address, what is my mother's and father's first name. She also asked if I have ever been arrested or commited a crime.
Basically she asked and reconfirmed few questions similar to questions asked in the I-485 form, the ones with yes-no checking aswers.
The last question she asked me, was "what is your telephone number . "is this a home telephone number ?". I said, "yes". She put a note on the file.

After that, she started with some questions about us. About how we met and when did we met.
She asked if we have photos of our wedding and would like to see if we have any document that shows both of our names, like proof of joint bank account or any insurance.
Then she looked at our wedding photos, some of the photos show us together with our family, taken when my husband came visited me and still other of our holiday trip together.

Lucky that we brought enough photos to show, all taken from different places, time, and occassions.
She said OK, and gave me some stuff I need to sign and had my fingerprinted.
We asked her if she still need to keep my husband's latest Federal Income Tax. We then submitted a notarized copy of it.

As my biometric fingerprint was taken only several days before the interview, I could not get my passport stamped at the interview day. They need to wait for the fingerprint cleared - which may take couple weeks - as well as the background security checking which may take a while longer.
I will be notified by mail of when I need to make appointment through the internet.
Hopefully it will be soon...