Wikiposts

AOS interview date!

Old Feb 15th 2002, 9:05 am
Dawn

Default AOS interview date!

We got our letter today for our AOS interview in Louisville. It's scheduled for March
5th--11 months after we filed. Not bad! It indicates we are to bring the usual--the
letter, I-94, evidence of common residence and shared life, and marriage evidence
letter. It did not request an updated I-184, but Medical Examination results Form
I693 was checked. Since Simon is adjusting from a K-1 and had the medical there, I
assume we don't have to worry about having that form filled out (there was no
attached list of physicians, as mentioned on the I-693, either). It also states in
bold caps "THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED". :-O

Simon already has an EAD renewal app't scheduled for April 1st. Will we need to keep
this or mention it at the AOS and hopefully get it all taken care of that day?

An excited Dawn

Old Feb 15th 2002, 11:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: AOS interview date!

Dawn wrote:
    > We got our letter today for our AOS interview in Louisville. It's scheduled for
    > March 5th--11 months after we filed. Not bad! It indicates we are to bring the
    > usual--the letter, I-94, evidence of common residence and shared life, and marriage
    > evidence letter. It did not request an updated I-184, but Medical Examination
    > results Form I693 was checked. Since Simon is adjusting from a K-1 and had the
    > medical there, I assume we don't have to worry about having that form filled out
    > (there was no attached list of physicians, as mentioned on the I-693, either). It
    > also states in bold caps "THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED". :-O
    >
Don't be surprised if they do video the inteview, they did ours. I do not anticipate
that he will need a new medical exam, they did not request one from Arnaldo or paulo.

> Simon already has an EAD renewal app't scheduled for April 1st. Will we need to
    > keep this or mention it at the AOS and hopefully get it all taken care of that day?
    >
See what happens at the AOS interview, and if they do not give the I-551 stamp on
that day, ask them if they can renew the EAD that day. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Feb 16th 2002, 2:45 am
Betastar

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:00:48 -0600, Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> spake:

>Don't be surprised if they do video the inteview, they did ours.

I'm hoping they didn't do it for ours - our interviewer never swore us in!

Betasar

Want to know how to do your taxes with foreign earned income?
http://www.avenue1.com/taxinst.html

Old Feb 17th 2002, 6:25 am
Mark Pospesel

We got our letter yesterday for our AOS interview in San Diego, scheduled for March
11th. Only about 28 months after we filed! Needless to say we're very pleased; after
so long a time it's kind of hard to believe.

Our letter in typical San Diego INS style is a form letter almost identical to our
fingerprint appointment letter, except this time there's a note on the front to bring
everything listed on the reverse of the letter. The reverse side lists all the usual
AOS interview items, including I693 (medical exam). This is not a checklist per se,
but just a list of everything possibly needed for every possible AOS scenario. This
form letter led us to the false hope that our fingerprinting appointment last month
was the actual interview (which it was not).

The only thing we're worried about is whether we need to redo the medical exam. In
theory since we're K-1 we don't need to, but it has been almost 3 years since the
exam. Of course, there was no list of approved physicians included with the letter,
and we couldn't find the information on the San Diego INS website. Would they have
sent such a list if they wanted us to redo the medical exam? Or is that giving them
too much credit? We could write them for a list, but by the time we got a reply I'm
sure the appointment date would be too close if not already past (given the San Diego
INS' response time to mail).

Mark (US) & Márcia (Brazil) San Diego