Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview confirmed but no EAD or AP

Wikiposts

AOS Interview confirmed but no EAD or AP

Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

ibexobelix will become famous soon enoughibexobelix will become famous soon enough
Default AOS Interview confirmed but no EAD or AP

Hi there everyone

I had a thread on earlier and I have had great help from the community here.

So the status thus far is. I filed for Marriage based AOS in Nov. I have had the fingerprint done in the first week of Dec earlier this month.

Now I have an Interview request for January mid-week. and the status for the I-485 is also updated online but there is no update for EAD or AP online. Is this a cause of concern ? Please do reply.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:16 am
Just Joined

B1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really nice
Default Re: AOS Interview confirmed but no EAD or AP

I followed the same route as yourself and had my interview without any progress on AP or EAD - I rasied this on here at the time, it would appear you have nothing to worry unduly about. Mine EAD and AP only were approved after the AOS was approved which of course by then was pointless as my GC was then in production and superceeds these. Good Luck with the Interview
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

ibexobelix will become famous soon enoughibexobelix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by B1zjet
I followed the same route as yourself and had my interview without any progress on AP or EAD - I rasied this on here at the time, it would appear you have nothing to worry unduly about. Mine EAD and AP only were approved after the AOS was approved which of course by then was pointless as my GC was then in production and superceeds these. Good Luck with the Interview
Thanks @B1zjet
How was your Interview ? Can you give me an idea of what sort of things they focus on.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:24 am
Just Joined

B1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really niceB1zjet is just really nice

Guess it depends on which location you are in as to the format as there appears to be no set pattern - where is yours?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by B1zjet
Guess it depends on which location you are in as to the format as there appears to be no set pattern - where is yours?
@B1zjet
Mine is in Boston. And i read a few of your threads and what people replied so I beleive not receiving EAD or AP is normal.
I was jut beginning to wonder at the pace the USCIS is working on this. I am glad it is moving forward.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibexobelix
Now I have an Interview request for January mid-week. and the status for the I-485 is also updated online but there is no update for EAD or AP online. Is this a cause of concern ?
It shouldn't be a concern at all. It means that your I-485 was processed faster than the EAD/AP (which typically takes 90 days).

This is good news for you!

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It shouldn't be a concern at all. It means that your I-485 was processed faster than the EAD/AP (which typically takes 90 days).

This is good news for you!

Ian
Thanks for the reply Ian
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it is for the AOS interview and not for the biometric appointment for your EAD and A/P?

Originally Posted by ibexobelix
Hi there everyone

I had a thread on earlier and I have had great help from the community here.

So the status thus far is. I filed for Marriage based AOS in Nov. I have had the fingerprint done in the first week of Dec earlier this month.

Now I have an Interview request for January mid-week. and the status for the I-485 is also updated online but there is no update for EAD or AP online. Is this a cause of concern ? Please do reply.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Are you sure it is for the AOS interview and not for the biometric appointment for your EAD and A/P?
@Rete

I had my biometrics done in the first week of Dec.
Also the form clearly states Interview and not Biometrics