Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview coming up...

Wikiposts

AOS interview coming up...

Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default AOS interview coming up...

Hi,

We just got letter for AOS interview in february. and I have few questions regarding proving the marriage:
1) I cannot add my husband to our apartment lease, talked to apartment complex managament and they won't add him until the next lease renewal which is about 8 months far ahead.....
2) I have him added on my life insurance policy as beneficiary and a dependant on my health care policy. He does not have a driving license so I can't add him to auto insuarancep olicy, pluc I got too many points on my record so I dont know if I want to do that even if he gets his driving license. Will that be enough evidence? We don't have checking account together do we really need one? Suppose we open an account now, but that would be a very recent account....
3) I cannot find my birth certificate for some reasons, I have the traslated english version but cannot find the original Urdu version... Will that have a serious impact on our interview?
Anything else that can show a bona fide marriage?
I am very concerned right now.....

Sanna
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview coming up...

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hi,

We just got letter for AOS interview in february. and I have few questions regarding proving the marriage:
1) I cannot add my husband to our apartment lease, talked to apartment complex managament and they won't add him until the next lease renewal which is about 8 months far ahead.....
2) I have him added on my life insurance policy as beneficiary and a dependant on my health care policy. He does not have a driving license so I can't add him to auto insuarancep olicy, pluc I got too many points on my record so I dont know if I want to do that even if he gets his driving license. Will that be enough evidence? We don't have checking account together do we really need one? Suppose we open an account now, but that would be a very recent account....
3) I cannot find my birth certificate for some reasons, I have the traslated english version but cannot find the original Urdu version... Will that have a serious impact on our interview?

Sanna
Hi Sanna,

How about utility bills? Did you add his name to those? Credit cards? Any other bank accounts besides checking? Just whatever you have that shows some comingling of finances and joint life at the same address. Even mail addressed to both of you at one address. Your health insurance, life insurance, and beneficiary forms are good. Pictures together since he's been here.

I don't think you'll need your birth certificate at the interview. I didn't.

Just bring what you have. He hasn't been here very long, and the Officer will take that into consideration.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:24 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Sanna

We had our interview this week. This is what we had....

http://britishexpats.com/articles/us...n-los-angeles/
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:02 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

hi with the apartment lease, we had a little bit of a similar situation, in that i couldn't be added as a lessee, but i was able to be added as an occupant, its worth a try to ask if ur husband can possibly be added as just an occupant.