Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Aos interview in Chicago

Wikiposts

Aos interview in Chicago

Old Feb 13th 2002, 5:49 am
Ss

My timeline. June 99- Married with USC July 99-AOS packet received by INS Aug 99- 1st
EAD in Chicago June 00- 1st Fingerprint in Chicago Aug 00- 2nd EAD in Chicago June
01- 2nd Fingerprint in Chicago Aug 01- 3rd EAD in Chicago Dec 01-contacted
congressman's office. They informed me that INS had sent me AOS interview letter in
Sept 01. Obviously they had sent it in my old Chicago address. I had moved two times
already since then and each time I moved I sent them a letter about change in
address. My EAD letter did come in new address each time but AOS interview letter did
not make it. Can't figure out why. Anyway, Congressman's office persuaded INS to give
me another interview date, which INS did. My interview date is fixed for Feb 26 after
29 months of waiting.

My question is do i need to take all the documents that they have indicates in the
sheet? The sheet says all documents for the duration of marriage. Does this mean I
have to take every bank statement for 29 months, every utility bill for 29 months and
so on. I will need big bags just for cancelled checks. I do have most of the
documents they require of me.

Old Feb 13th 2002, 6:33 am
Andy Platt

>
    >
    >

Because the INS offices are totally stupid. They work from the application form in
front of them and never bother to check that the address in the computer matches.
This actually works well for EADs and APs because since they also lose change of
address letters, if they went off the computer, they would be sending those to your
old address too!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

That would be overkill but you could always take it and say, here you are! I
personally would just take the most recent one of each though you could always take
one per year if you felt like it!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Feb 13th 2002, 5:48 pm
Scott

Default Re: Aos interview in Chicago

Look on the bright side too, no i-751 needed straight to the 10 yr card! "Andy Platt"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "ss" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > each time I moved I sent them a letter about change in address. My EAD letter did
    > > come in new address each time but AOS interview letter did not make it. Can't
    > > figure out why. Anyway, Congressman's office
    >
    > Because the INS offices are totally stupid. They work from the application form in
    > front of them and never bother to check that the address in the computer matches.
    > This actually works well for EADs and APs because since they also lose change of
    > address letters, if they went off the computer, they would be sending those to your
    > old address too!
    >
    > > My question is do i need to take all the documents that they have indicates in
    > > the sheet? The sheet says all documents for the duration of marriage. Does this
    > > mean I have to take every bank statement for 29 months, every utility bill for 29
    > > months and so on. I will need big bags just for cancelled checks. I do have most
    > > of the documents they require of me.
    >
    > That would be overkill but you could always take it and say, here you are!
I
    > personally would just take the most recent one of each though you could always take
    > one per year if you felt like it!
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > --
    > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.