British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   AOS Interview - Bloomington, MN (somewhat long post) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/aos-interview-bloomington-mn-somewhat-long-post-243572/)

amylass Jul 21st 2004 8:31 pm

AOS Interview - Bloomington, MN (somewhat long post)

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! Just a note that we had our AOS interview on Monday, July 19th at the Bloomington, Minnesota USCIS office.

Unfortunately, we didn't receive a stamp in Gav's passport and instead were issued an RFE.

We had all of the paperwork put together properly and brought all the evidence we could (this was sufficient and the officer even commented on how easy we made his job that day:) )

The one glitch we ran in to was the vaccination requirements.

During the visit the Doc Phelans in London, Gavin was told that he would need his MMR once he arrived in the States. The doctor marked the box on the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet" that says, "Applicant Does Not Meet Vaccination Requirements for One or More vaccines and no waiver is requested". Then at the end of that sentence was "K3" hand written in.

This obviously did not prevent Gavin from getting in to the country and we didn't think twice about it. We just got the required MMR prior to the AOS interview and provided a note from the doctor that issued the shot.

Well, this note from our doctor was not enough for the USCIS and we were told to have a local U.S. Civil Surgeon update the vaccination worksheet.

If we had known this was going to prevent a stamp in Gav's passport we would have done this ages ago! :(

Anyway, we have received an updated vacs sheet from the Civil Surgeon and resubmitted it to the officer. We hope to hear a decision in the next week, and hopefully receive a temp green card in the mail by the end of next month.

Just wanted to share that with those of you that are here on a K3 awaiting AOS. Check your vacs worksheet to make sure the results of the vaccine history are complete :)

Thanks for reading, and continued best wishes to all that go through this process!

Regards,
Amy

Noorah101 Jul 21st 2004 8:44 pm

Re: AOS Interview - Bloomington, MN (somewhat long post)

Thanks for the post, Amy! Hope Gavin gets the stamp soon!! :D

Best Wishes,
Rene

katesuiter1 Jul 21st 2004 8:55 pm

Awww, bugger. :( At least you managed to sort your part out quickly, and here's my fingers crossed for a speedy approval!! :)

Kate. xxxx:D:D:D

KatherineH Jul 21st 2004 9:03 pm

Thanks for posting this! We're K1 but it's still good to hear local stories.

This makes me think as well, as Rich needs MMR and one other vaccine...I hadn't even thought about having a specific doctor do it, just figured anyone could. I think we will look into that further. If he'd just done it in the UK it would have been so much easier but hey, at least he's here. :)

-Katherine

PEACHSTER Jul 22nd 2004 11:29 pm

Originally posted by amylass
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! Just a note that we had our AOS interview on Monday, July 19th at the Bloomington, Minnesota USCIS office.

Unfortunately, we didn't receive a stamp in Gav's passport and instead were issued an RFE.

We had all of the paperwork put together properly and brought all the evidence we could (this was sufficient and the officer even commented on how easy we made his job that day:) )

During the visit the Doc Phelans in London, Gavin was told that he would need his MMR once he arrived in the States. The doctor marked the box on the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet" that says, "Applicant Does Not Meet Vaccination Requirements for One or More vaccines and no waiver is requested". Then at the end of that sentence was "K3" hand written in.

This obviously did not prevent Gavin from getting in to the country and we didn't think twice about it. We just got the required MMR prior to the AOS interview and provided a note from the doctor that issued the shot.

Well, this note from our doctor was not enough for the USCIS and we were told to have a local U.S. Civil Surgeon update the vaccination worksheet.

If we had known this was going to prevent a stamp in Gav's passport we would have done this ages ago! :(

Anyway, we have received an updated vacs sheet from the Civil Surgeon and resubmitted it to the officer. We hope to hear a decision in the next week, and hopefully receive a temp green card in the mail by the end of next month.

Just wanted to share that with those of you that are here on a K3 awaiting AOS. Check your vacs worksheet to make sure the results of the vaccine history are complete :)

Thanks for reading, and continued best wishes to all that go through this process!

Regards,
Amy

My husband had his interview on the 20th & was not granted PR as well. Hopefully we can get this mess straightened out.

Hypertweeky Jul 23rd 2004 12:27 am

Originally posted by amylass
Hi everyone!

Regards,
Amy
Hey!! long time no post!!

Hope you get the stamp soon!!:)
Keep us updated!!:)

dbark Jul 23rd 2004 12:46 am

Amy! Sorry to hear about the RFE, at least you can get the vaccination thingy sorted. I would have emailed you but I lost a lot of email addresses when our old computer died. Email me if you would like!

Debbie

amylass Jul 29th 2004 9:46 pm

Re: AOS Interview - Bloomington, MN (somewhat long post) - UPDATE

Just a quick update .....

Our attorney hand delivered the updated vacs form to the Immigration Officer on Wednesday, July 21st (inderview was Monday 7/19).

And lo and behold Friday, July 23rd there was a spiffy new temporary green card in the mail with an approval notice from the USCIS!

Hurrah!

This means we don't have to get Gav's EAD updated and pay the $175! Wahey!

Thanks to all for your best wishes -
God Bless ..
Amy

PS:
Debbie - I finally have a PC at home, so will be emailing you shortly - hope all is well :)