Reload this Page >

AOS Interview- Baltimore

AOS Interview- Baltimore

Old May 27th 2004, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex Teesside, England Now in Edgewater, Maryland USA
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview- Baltimore

Once upon a time in a land where paperwork is done in triplicate and quite often lost, Linda and Daveyboy entered thefrightening castle of the INS. U sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

lHad our interview today and all should be ok once they have completed checking on my back ground (Ive been a good boy so no worries there although I do cheat and steal from the bank in Monopoly)
Our appointment was 9;45 but didnt get seen till 1035. Very pleasant the girl who dealt with us. Had to show our state driving licenses, my passport and I-194 to start with. I was asked my parents names, where I now live, when did I last enter the US, my wifes name and DOB. Names of children and step-children, SS#, did I get inspected on entering the US and was I a terrorist or drug dealer or had any convictions.
Showed our marriage license and divorce papers. My wife Linda was asked to show her birth cert as well as mine. Then the girl looked through the Affidavit stuff and circled figures probably thinking "poor peasants, let em in" but didnt ask to see my wifes most recent tax return even though it asked on the letter to have the 3 most recent years.
Next she asked what we had to support our case so we showed some photos taken with the family in the house and others taken at different times like Xmas and Easter. She wanted to see joint bank acs etc. We had them and photocopies of credit cards as the bill only shows one name. She was happy with that and we also had car titles and insurance showing both names and health insurance. We had letters from 3 people confirming we are a normal couple (arguing, no sex, no money, only joking) Had our wedding album and greeting cards but didnt need them.
So she said its all ok and once this background check is done I'll get a letter to come back and get my passport stamped as provision for my Green card.
Couldnt get my advance parole though cos they only last 60 days so I was told to apply 30 days before I want to travel. Maybe I'll get my passport stamped before then and I wont have to.
The interview was a doddle cos I made sure I had the originals and copies of everything. Lasted about 20 mins.
Almost there anyway. If anyone wants to ask any questions, feel free. However if you want to send money itll be gratefully accepted.
Dave n Linda.
Old May 28th 2004, 2:19 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS Interview- Baltimore

Congratulations Dave!!!

Sounds like it all went swimmingly! Hopefully those background checks won't take too long and you'll have that I-551 stamp in your passport in no time at all.

Thanks for the report - at least I can sort of know what to 'look forward' to next month when my number's up!

Best wishes

Tam
Old May 28th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Good news but not sure what she meant about Advance Parole only lasting 60 days, they are valid for one year and are usually the quickest thing to get. Why hadn't you applied for an AP before?
Old May 29th 2004, 12:47 am
Feanor

When I submitted my I-485 on May 23, 2003 in Dover, Delaware, the lady
took the I-94 out of my passport so I only have photocopies of it now.
Front and back, of course.

Old May 30th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!

Seems Baltimore works fast, you applied AOS on Jan. and got interviewed on May. Where did you originally send the packet?
Old May 30th 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Good news but not sure what she meant about Advance Parole only lasting 60 days, they are valid for one year and are usually the quickest thing to get. Why hadn't you applied for an AP before?
I did apply for AP when I sent the whole 485 package in to Vermont. The official at Baltimore told us AP was only valid for 60 days from date of issue and that we should apply 30 days before were due to go. She said alot of people ask for AP too far ahead of time so we took her word for it. Its just a pain having to make an extra trip to Baltimore. I dont need it till August and as I sent it in in Jan I thought that would have been the first and easiest bit to get passed like you say.
Cheers,Dave
Old May 30th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Feanor
When I submitted my I-485 on May 23, 2003 in Dover, Delaware, the lady
took the I-94 out of my passport so I only have photocopies of it now.
Front and back, of course.
Yes, same here.
Old May 30th 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Millana
Congratulations!!!

Seems Baltimore works fast, you applied AOS on Jan. and got interviewed on May. Where did you originally send the packet?
Thanks, we sent it to Vermont.
Dave