AOS Interview

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

Today at 8am I phoned a lovely little Latino dr's office who do the medicals. They had me in for an 11:30am. All went well, so should have a new I-693 by Wednesday.

I know I could have just got vaccinations sheet, but with all that is happening in my case I wanted peace of mind of having a fresh medical.

$195 which wasn't too bad.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks you have to be out of pocket, but like you said it's worth it just for the peace of mind.

Hopefully you should be all taken care of within the next week or so.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Sucks you have to be out of pocket, but like you said it's worth it just for the peace of mind.

Hopefully you should be all taken care of within the next week or so.
Even if he had only gone in for the updated vaccination report it would have been out of pocket. Since he has a high deductible healthcare policy, it can be counted towards his deductible most likely.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Even if he had only gone in for the updated vaccination report it would have been out of pocket. Since he has a high deductible healthcare policy, it can be counted towards his deductible most likely.
Yeah, I'll be submitting an itemized bill to my insurer for this reason.

I also paid with pre tax income (HSA).
Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today I received the official RFE for the I-693 that Knightsbridge filled out incorrectly. I'll be putting my response in the mail today too. Hopefully get some movement on the case in the next couple weeks.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mailed via tracked USPS of course. May get there tomorrow or at worst Saturday. I know they work Saturdays at my field office.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed, hopefully all being well your have your GC in hand by the end of the month! Hoping we get an interview letter soon, I'd ideally like my GC before we go back to the UK for Christmas as for some reason I don't feel particularly confident about using AP but what can you do!
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fingers crossed, hopefully all being well your have your GC in hand by the end of the month! Hoping we get an interview letter soon, I'd ideally like my GC before we go back to the UK for Christmas as for some reason I don't feel particularly confident about using AP but what can you do!
Yeah I hope so too.

Work is wanting to send me to Ukraine and I'm planning a UK trip in February.

Hopefully you get an interview waiver soon. When I got my interview letter my case status online still remained as fingerprint fee received. So just keep your eye on the mailbox.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Yeah I hope so too.

Work is wanting to send me to Ukraine and I'm planning a UK trip in February.

Hopefully you get an interview waiver soon. When I got my interview letter my case status online still remained as fingerprint fee received. So just keep your eye on the mailbox.
Ours has been set to "interview ready to be scheduled" for 200 days on the dot as of today. I'm under the impression that once it's set to that there is 100% no chance you will get a waiver but I could be wrong. I've been back and forth between home in Denver and our office here in LA and I keep getting my wife to check the mailbox the minute she gets home but sadly nothing!

My medical expired four days ago too so I'm hoping that has no bearing on anything!

Edit: Massively regretting not going for the CR1 over the K1!

Last edited by BenK91; Oct 8th 2017 at 12:28 am.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Ours has been set to "interview ready to be scheduled" for 200 days on the dot as of today. I'm under the impression that once it's set to that there is 100% no chance you will get a waiver but I could be wrong. I've been back and forth between home in Denver and our office here in LA and I keep getting my wife to check the mailbox the minute she gets home but sadly nothing!

My medical expired four days ago too so I'm hoping that has no bearing on anything!

Edit: Massively regretting not going for the CR1 over the K1!
As per USCIS guidelines for K-1 the medical just needs to be within a year of filing I-485.

Mine was out of date as of May and my RFE specifically stated I didn't need to re-do the medical. I did anyway just in case it ended up lost.

Sign up for USPS informed delivery for an email with pictures of all the mail every day.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Not heard anything yet.

Hopefully they got the medical alright as the deadline is Nov 1st.

The waiting game continues.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm assuming getting through to someone to ask if they've received it is proving tricky?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm assuming getting through to someone to ask if they've received it is proving tricky?
Yeah. USPS says delivered, but tier 2 USCIS says nothing recorded. That said it did take a week after my interview for anything to be updated for that on USCIS.

I have a infopass for beginning of November and my congresswoman's office is enquiring.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Yeah. USPS says delivered, but tier 2 USCIS says nothing recorded. That said it did take a week after my interview for anything to be updated for that on USCIS.

I have a infopass for beginning of November and my congresswoman's office is enquiring.
So frustrating, really hope this moves along for you soon.

It's probably worse than waiting for an interview letter or approval letter!

It's realistically going to be over a year since me and my wife got married before I even have the internet, it's so frustrating that the time we've been married doesn't count toward the three year rule for citizenship!
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's realistically going to be over a year since me and my wife got married before I even have the internet, it's so frustrating that the time we've been married doesn't count toward the three year rule for citizenship!
Yeah that got to me a few months back. But right now I just realize that I'm here for the long term and 12 months isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I've missed the chance to vote in the next election, so citizenship won't give me much of an advantage until the election after that. By then I should have it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.