AOS Interview

Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS Interview

Hi all,

Just to double check before Monday. We interview at the local field office for final AOS.

We are taking:

- Interview letter
- Birth certs
- Marriage license
- Passports
- Originals of forms sent
- Evidence of co-hab (tax info, bills, photo album)
- EAD/AP card
- Immigration police cert (No convictions, was never used at embassy)

Anything else? I was going to bring the ACRO police cert as I assumed they could not do a background check any other way?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

Originally Posted by notaclue
Anything else?
You seem to have things well in hand.

I was going to bring the ACRO police cert as I assumed they could not do a background check any other way?
If you're having an AOS interview, the background checks have already been done.

Ian
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful. Just out of curiosity, I didn't think they could do UK background checks hence the need for the ACRO certificate in the first instance? What sort of check do they do?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful. Just out of curiosity, I didn't think they could do UK background checks hence the need for the ACRO certificate in the first instance? What sort of check do they do?
I believe it's with the FBI.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think they could do UK background checks hence the need for the ACRO certificate in the first instance?
Why would they need to do a UK background check? You're already in the US.

Ian
Old Jul 28th 2017, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just assumed they would do one again since they repeatedly ask if I've ever been arrested or charged in my whole life.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 5:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons why those with a criminal past enter the US, marry and remain to file AOS within the US. No ACRO report required and you can lie on the application.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmm interesting. To be fair, you could have done the same at the embassy, I marked no and was not asked for my (clear) ACRO at any time - I could be an axe murderer!
Old Jul 31st 2017, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: AOS Interview - Louisville

Just an update, interview went well we were immediately split and spouse asked questions then I was invited in to answer the same.

Advised we needed to send over one more joint account of some sort and a couple of notarized letters from friends of our marriage and GC will be produced in 4-6 weeks once that is received.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: AOS Interview - Louisville

... we were immediately split and spouse asked questions then I was invited in to answer the same.
This is SOP in Kentucky. Sheila and I had the same experience in Louisville in 2001. I don't know if it's SOP outside of KY... but elsewhere, this is known as a Stokes Interview and is usually only done when USCIS suspects that it's a convenience marriage only for immigration purposes.

Well done!

Ian