Wikiposts

AOS Interview

Old Apr 26th 2002, 7:40 am
A.L

Default AOS Interview

Ok, I just got my letter for my AOS interview (it's for June 21st).

Can anyone who has recently gone through this tell me what they took. There's a list
here but I just want to know if there is anything else we can provide for proof of
our marriage.

We can do an apartment lease and a utility bill (our phone company adress it to both
of us, but our water and electricity companies refuse to adress it to both of us no
matter how many times I tell them to!) We don't get rent reciepts and we don't have
a mortgage.

I don't suppose they'll care about wedding photo's even though pictures were good for
proof of relationship to get me here.

Please let me know what we can do to help convince them.

Ali

Old Apr 26th 2002, 7:40 am

Default Re: AOS Interview

"A.L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, I just got my letter for my AOS interview (it's for June 21st).
    >
    > Can anyone who has recently gone through this tell me what they took. There's a
    > list here but I just want to know if there is anything else we can provide for
    > proof of our marriage.

Just some ideas, I'm sure others will add more, you might have all or none and if
none then substitute other things:

Joint bank account statements (might even be worth opening one, if you don't already,
just for this) Car insurance naming both of you, car ownership Health insurance
Insurance policies naming the other as beneficiaries Credit card bills with your name
at your address If you have kids, copies of school emergency contact forms naming you
both, or anything similar. Even junk mail showing your address, anything else that
goes to prove you both live at the same address, like magazine subscription labels.
Cards sent to both of you (eg anniversary or wedding), or letters.

> We can do an apartment lease and a utility bill (our phone company adress it to
    > both of us, but our water and electricity companies refuse to adress it to both of
    > us no matter how many times I tell them

I didn't present any of those, I got my AOS.

> to!) We don't get rent reciepts and we don't have a mortgage.

Ditto, I did not have them, no problem. Just provide other stuff.

> I don't suppose they'll care about wedding photo's even though pictures were good
    > for proof of relationship to get me here.

Yes you should take them, they might certainly ask to see them. Also any photos of
you together since then, eg at family gatherings or whatever, any receipts from
holiday travel (flights) etc etc. None of these are essential on their own, it's
really the total picture they are looking at. You don't say how long you have been
married - if not long then they will not expect that you will have accumulated too
much stuff.

Good luck.

> Please let me know what we can do to help convince them.
    >
    > Ali

Old Apr 26th 2002, 9:40 am
Einstien

Default Re: AOS Interview

Even if you dont have a mortgage and dont have rent receipts, you can use cancelled
checks as proof. A copy of the lease with both names on it. Driver's Licenses for
both with same address on it. Heck I even got a copy of our Pet's records from the
Vet with both our names on it. Sworn affidavicts from close friends and/or co-workers
stating that they know u and ur spouse as a married couple. I asked my Financial
Advisor to write me a letter saying that he did our financial planing together. I
know that Utility Companies usually dont put 2 names on the bill. So what we did is
to alternate ie- Electricity, Phone, Internet Service in her name and Water, Cable
and Cell Phone bill in my name. Goto ur local video store and get membership cards in
both names.

"A.L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, I just got my letter for my AOS interview (it's for June 21st).
    >
    > Can anyone who has recently gone through this tell me what they took. There's a
    > list here but I just want to know if there is anything else we can provide for
    > proof of our marriage.
    >
    > We can do an apartment lease and a utility bill (our phone company adress it to
    > both of us, but our water and electricity companies refuse to adress it to both of
    > us no matter how many times I tell them to!) We don't get rent reciepts and we
    > don't have a mortgage.
    >
    > I don't suppose they'll care about wedding photo's even though pictures were good
    > for proof of relationship to get me here.
    >
    > Please let me know what we can do to help convince them.
    >
    > Ali