Wikiposts

AOS Interview

Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Northwest-AL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview

Hello Folks,

I'm in the middle of a marriage based AOS, and I received our interview date recently. I have had some very useful advise from this forum and I'm back for some more

When will I know the result of the interview? will they tell us at the end of the interview? or does it come in the mail some time later? if so does any one know the vague time line?

Thanks for reading.

AL
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

markaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOS Interview

Hi when and where is your interview mine is atlanta in march
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Often, you'll get the answer at the end of the interview or be told 'I am recommending you for approval'.
If the officer takes the I-94 out of your passport, and/or collects back your EAD and AP documents, that is a sign of approval.
Some officers aren't as empathetic and leave you hanging with 'you'll receive the decision in writing within 2 weeks' or something else nerve wracking.

If you're missing documentation, they can't approve you.. There's too many permutations, but you can search here for 'interview experience' and find others' stories too.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Northwest-AL is an unknown quantity at this point

So they might take back my EAD (if I had one), does that mean I can work legally once I leave the interview? Or would I need a green card in my hand to work?

I should probably give a bit more background to that question. I have a valid L1 visa at the moment, but it runs out a few days after my interview date. I have applied for an EAD but I have not heard back yet So I'm stressing out a bit on the work side of things as well as stressing out on the whole staying in the country subject :/
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northwest-AL
So they might take back my EAD (if I had one), does that mean I can work legally once I leave the interview? Or would I need a green card in my hand to work?

I should probably give a bit more background to that question. I have a valid L1 visa at the moment, but it runs out a few days after my interview date. I have applied for an EAD but I have not heard back yet So I'm stressing out a bit on the work side of things as well as stressing out on the whole staying in the country subject :/
If you are not approved at your interview because of some missing documentatoin or something....and your L1 visa expires...and you still have not received your EAD....then in THAT particular scenario, you will not have work authorization. You will still be OK to stay in the USA because you have a pending AOS, but you won't have any valid work authorization.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2010, 7:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

IF that becomes your situation AND your officer wants to take your EAD
THEN, tell the officer and if you are approved, ask for an "I-551" stamp in your passport (evidence of your Permanent Resident status).

You haven't posted any dates from what I saw at a quick glance.
EAD can come about 90 days from application.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I should probably give a bit more background to that question. I have a valid L1 visa at the moment, but it runs out a few days after my interview date. I have applied for an EAD but I have not heard back yet
As a stress reducer, you might want to have your employer file for extension of the L-1 status if eligible.