Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview 2MrW!!! advises :)

Wikiposts

AOS Interview 2MrW!!! advises :)

Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all
Default AOS Interview 2MrW!!! advises :)

Hi Everyone....

It's our AOS interview tommorrow, i got a check list in our appointment letter but I just wanna make sure I got everything in hand. I would appreciate any advise: do's and dont's as well as sample questions from past experiences ....i don't have any idea what will happen....
And what should I expect from the interview?

Again thank you...

Jeimz

excess: entered K1 visa/got married 03/05/
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview 2MrW!!! advises :)

Originally Posted by jeimz7
... i got a check list in our appointment letter but I just wanna make sure I got everything in hand.
Why not post what you have, and then people can advise you! It's a lot easier than having us guess what you have.

And what should I expect from the interview?
You will be asked questions about anything the officer deems is important - but mostly about your relationship/marriage. You may or may not be separated from each other during the interview (some offices do it as SOP, others don't). Unless you've committed a crime since entering on the K-1, you'll be fine - indeed, most people report the interview as somewhat anticlimactic.

Depending on the mood of the officer, you will find out immediately following the interview whether or not your application for adjustment has been approved - but if nothing is mentioned, it is perfectly okay to ask. Some people are approved then and there... others are told to wait a few days until the officer reviews the material or gets supervisor approval.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:53 am
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jeimz7,

I had my AOS last month and used the 'search' function to read about past experiences posted which proved to be a very useful tool.

You should have a read of those and then perhaps then ask anything you are still unsure about.

Here is the link to my AOS write-up. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667790

Good luck, and remember to take your spouse to the interview!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Thanks Ian...

I mean I'm using the checklist in the Appointment letter, here it is:

Interview Notice with photo Identification
Affidavit of Support with required Evidence
EAD and AP if issued
all travel documents used passport/AP/I-94
Birth Certificate
Petitioner's Birth Cert
Marriage Certificate
Supporting Evidence (bank Statement/rental agreement/utility bills/photos)

THANKS again I hope the above list is enough to get approved

EJ3...

Thanks for the link..i'll check it out