Wikiposts

AOS interview

Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:47 am
Just Joined

NeedInfo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS interview

I have my AOS interview through marriage in 2 weeks. When I've received the notice 2 weeks ago, I've started to get the documents they ask, but couldn't find my original birth certificate nor my previous divorce decree. I did ask them from my home country. Plus, we filed federal tax 2003, 4 weeks ago, but not received return. Called IRS yesterday and they said it takes 8 weeks to be processed. I think I would not get all those by the interview and considering to reschedule it. Do you think it's a good idea? If so how long it could take to get another interview? Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS interview

Originally posted by NeedInfo
I have my AOS interview through marriage in 2 weeks. When I've received the notice 2 weeks ago, I've started to get the documents they ask, but couldn't find my original birth certificate nor my previous divorce decree. I did ask them from my home country. Plus, we filed federal tax 2003, 4 weeks ago, but not received return. Called IRS yesterday and they said it takes 8 weeks to be processed. I think I would not get all those by the interview and considering to reschedule it. Do you think it's a good idea? If so how long it could take to get another interview? Thanks
If you are the beneficiary of the K3, definitely find your original birth certificate, and the divorce papers. They are sticklers for the originals at the interview.

Get the last 3 years tax forms for your US citizen spouse and also take copies of this years in the form of a print out and show it them and explain that you've just filed your taxes. They will be understanding as far as that is concerned.

As far as postpoing goes, depending on the service center, you could get another interview date a few weeks away or a few months away. Unless you are missing a LOT of vital documents, I wouldn't postpone.

Regards
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice
Default Re: AOS interview

We filed our taxes about a week before our interview and just took a copy of it to give to the interviewer - it didn't seem to matter that it wasn't processed yet.
As for the BC and DD - I think you will need the originals for the interview.

Originally posted by NeedInfo