Wikiposts

AOS Interview

Old Jan 20th 2004, 6:55 am
Just Joined

littlegirllost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview

Got notice to go for my AOS interview, but i thought it was meant to take forever? I only filed all my paperwork 3 months ago. Why did i get it so quick? And it didnt say anything about my I-130 being approved, or does that happen at the interview? I filed it concurrently with the I-485.
It says something along the lines of " to check eligibility for this benefit an interview is neccesary" on the interview letter.
What are anybody elses experiences with their AOS interviews?

thanks
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:08 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Interview

Originally posted by littlegirllost
Got notice to go for my AOS interview, but i thought it was meant to take forever? I only filed all my paperwork 3 months ago. Why did i get it so quick? And it didnt say anything about my I-130 being approved, or does that happen at the interview? I filed it concurrently with the I-485.
It says something along the lines of " to check eligibility for this benefit an interview is neccesary" on the interview letter.

thanks
GIVE ME YOUR INTERVIEW DATE, I'M STILL WAITING!!!!!!! Hehehehehe!! Sorry, couldn't resist! I can't help but chuckle when someone has something happen so fast in this procedure. I can understand why you'd be nervous that something's not right!!

Anyway, I can't give you any advice as I filed a K1 and didn't need an I-130, but good luck with your interview, and I hope you get an answer for your questions.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:16 am
Andy Platt

Since you didn't post which office this is we can't check to see if it's
outside the norm. I'm presuming it's definitely for AOS and not for an EAD?

It won't say anything about the I-130.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"littlegirllost" <member16373@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Got notice to go for my AOS interview, but i thought it was meant to
    > take forever? I only filed all my paperwork 3 months ago. Why did i
    > get it so quick? And it didnt say anything about my I-130 being
    > approved, or does that happen at the interview? I filed it
    > concurrently with the I-485.
    > It says something along the lines of " to check eligibility for this
    > benefit an interview is neccesary" on the interview letter.
    > What are anybody elses experiences with their AOS interviews?
    > thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Sorry Andy, its the Baltimore office
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:59 am
Andy Platt

Something seems odd here. Baltimore say they are processing April 2003 and
VSC has to get involved too. Still, if it really is the AOS interview (and
not just fingerprinting, etc.) then you've hit the jackpot!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"littlegirllost" <member16373@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry Andy, its the Baltimore office
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:33 am
Graefaxe

"katesuiter1" <member6776@british_expats.com> wrote in message

:
    : Anyway, I can't give you any advice as I filed a K1 and didn't need an
    : I-130, but good luck with your interview, and I hope you get an answer
    : for your questions.

With K-3, we filed for K-3 and I-130 concurrently, then, when K-3 was
approved, we filed I-485. Of course, the interview date for the I-130 was
scheduled in Moscow 6 months after my wife came to the USa and we could not
go back there for the interview. It only took 18 months to get an
appointment for Adjustment of status.

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:48 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

thanks
wow, that's fast!
could share your timeline with us?
thanks
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:53 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Woa that is fast!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Where did you file the I-130??
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:10 am
Just Joined

It was the AOS interview letter because i got a separate paper with it telling me what to bring to the interview. A week before i got that letter i got another one telling me to go get my fingerprints done. This has only taken 3 months. What is wrong? Maybe because i filed the I-130 at the same time? Maybe because i was pregnant? I came into the country on a visa waiver.

Surely if they didnt think i could file for all this they wouldnt even waste their time giving me an interview? (i hope so).
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
You got the interview letter...but when is the INTERVIEW DATE? I got mine within 2 months, filed on May and got my interview letter in July...but the actual interview date in that letter stated for November, 2003. I filed at Baltimore also. So its nothing weird or strange. I came with B2 Visa.

Good luck anyway.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:31 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Ok, here is I have very important question:
since as far as I heard that USCIS sends AOS interview letter just in a simple envelope, it is easy to loose it in junk mail, is that anyway else to find out about interview???
like, what ONLINE CASE STATUS CHECK says? Does it say something like:
"the letter inviting you for AOS interview has been send to you blah-blah-blah"?
whoever got that AOS interview, please, share what your online case status check says for I-130?
thank you
Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by maximus76
Ok, here is I have very important question:
since as far as I heard that USCIS sends AOS interview letter just in a simple envelope, it is easy to loose it in junk mail, is that anyway else to find out about interview???
like, what ONLINE CASE STATUS CHECK says? Does it say something like:
"the letter inviting you for AOS interview has been send to you blah-blah-blah"?
whoever got that AOS interview, please, share what your online case status check says for I-130?
thank you
My I-130, I-485 and I-765 updated up till they transferred it to Baltimore. The only thing changed was my I-485 stating that my fingerprinting was taken, and thats it. No more updates after that even after my case approved. The online status still the same till todate. When my interview successed, they gave another receipt number for the greencard. I didn't know about this until I received my approval of Permanent Resident NOA. When I typed that number online, it says...."this case has been approved".
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

I also filed for AOS with my I130 at the VSC - it got transferred to Baltimore 2 weeks later, and a month after that I got my fingerprint letter and interview date. I sent my paperwork in in November, and my interview date is March 18.
Very efficient! was the nicest surprise yet

It was the AOS interview letter because i got a separate paper with it telling me what to bring to the interview. A week before i got that letter i got another one telling me to go get my fingerprints done. This has only taken 3 months. What is wrong? Maybe because i filed the I-130 at the same time? Maybe because i was pregnant? I came into the country on a visa waiver.

Surely if they didnt think i could file for all this they wouldnt even waste their time giving me an interview? (i hope so).
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by curlylocks
I also filed for AOS with my I130 at the VSC - it got transferred to Baltimore 2 weeks later, and a month after that I got my fingerprint letter and interview date. I sent my paperwork in in November, and my interview date is March 18.
Very efficient! was the nicest surprise yet
Curlylocks, what did ur interview letter say? mine said "This interview is a necessary part of determining eligibilty in this matter". Did yours say that? Is it meant to say that?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Is it usual to get your AOS interview before your EAD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.