Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Initial Interview (documentation)

Wikiposts

AOS Initial Interview (documentation)

Old May 5th 2007, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Pat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to all
Default AOS Initial Interview (documentation)

I have my initial interview next week and I'm gathering up all the required documentation. My wife and I don't have many photos together, mainly just ones of us in the same place (since it's usually just the two of us). I still haven't received my EAD yet either so I've not been able to get an SSN, which in turn means I've not been able to get my name on the bank account, or get a US driver's license. Do you think any of this will be an issue?
Old May 5th 2007, 7:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Initial Interview (documentation)

Originally Posted by Pat Noodle
Do you think any of this will be an issue?
I don't think it'll be an issue... but it's fairly well established that you do not need a SSN to open a bank account.

Ian
Old May 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Pat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to allPat Noodle is a name known to all

Hope so, thanks. Chase denied putting my name on the account without an SSN. We spoke to a few people there the day we opened the account and they still said no.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We spoke to a few people there the day we opened the account and they still said no.
Speak to the manager, or go to another bank, or both. They may have draconian bank policy on their side, but you have the law on yours.

Ian
Old May 5th 2007, 3:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hope so, thanks. Chase denied putting my name on the account without an SSN. We spoke to a few people there the day we opened the account and they still said no.
Go to Wachovia bank..you will have no problem at all...