Wikiposts

AOS Idiot Check

Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of
Default AOS Idiot Check

Hello All,

So finally having chance to sit down and get myself organised after my move to the US, I now have some time to focus on the AOS paperwork, and although I feel sure I started a thread about this a while ago, this is my form of Idiot check to myself when I sit down and do the actual paperwork, and also to ask a few questions later on when I will probably inevitably find something that confuses me.

This is the list I have thus far of everything I believe I need to complete and submit, and where I ave some questions I have put them alongside:

- Form I-485 - I assume I am the one who fills this out
- A copy of my birth certificate
- A copy of K-1 visa I take it just a standard scan or photocopy of this page is sufficient?
- 2 passport photos taken within 30 days of filing
- Vaccination supplement - which I believe is form I-693 - Having had my medical done in London, I should only need this form to have my HPV vaccine added to the list. Also I am right in thinking this needs to be signed by a civil surgeon. I have done a search of the Atlanta area and found several of them listed, can I take this form to them for signing once the vaccine is carried out?
- G-325A - Despite having filled on in when I initially filled the I-129F I take it I must redo this, and it is only for myself, my fiance need not complete one?
- Form I-864 and any associated paperwork with it
- A copy of the NOA 2
- A copy of the I-94 card in my passport
- A copy of the marriage certificate
- Any other evidence that proves me eligible - For this I was thinking copies of the contract for the wedding venue, the gift registries hard copies from Macy's and Target (as in both our names), photographs from the wedding day, Household bills addressed to both of us, and bank info relating to a joint account?
- And of course the all important big fat cheque for $1010

I also believe I can file both forms I-765 and and I-131 (each requiring 2 passport photos) for free when I file my AOS petition.

I feel sure I am not the first person tp post a list like this, and also that I probably wont be the last, however I needed to idiot check myself, and well, its a point of reference for me to come back to with mychecklist to ensure I did it right. Plus I feel sure that I will have more questions as I begin to fill the forms in and to save me starting a new thread everytime I can come back to this.

Thanks again for the continued help in this process, and in advance for any help anyone can offer me. BE has been a great help to me through this long process!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Idiot Check

Originally Posted by ajmstevenson
- Form I-485 - I assume I am the one who fills this out
Correct.

- A copy of K-1 visa I take it just a standard scan or photocopy of this page is sufficient?
Plain black & white photocopy is fine.

- G-325A - Despite having filled on in when I initially filled the I-129F I take it I must redo this, and it is only for myself, my fiance need not complete one?
Correct.

- A copy of the marriage certificate
Make sure it's a photocopy of the "Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate". The one you get after it gets recorded at the county. Not the one someone hands you right after you say vows.

- Any other evidence that proves me eligible - For this I was thinking copies of the contract for the wedding venue, the gift registries hard copies from Macy's and Target (as in both our names), photographs from the wedding day, Household bills addressed to both of us, and bank info relating to a joint account?
You don't need to include any of this with your AOS. Bring such items to the AOS interview.

I also believe I can file both forms I-765 and and I-131 (each requiring 2 passport photos) for free when I file my AOS petition.
Correct.

Plus I feel sure that I will have more questions as I begin to fill the forms in and to save me starting a new thread everytime I can come back to this.
I think it's a good idea to go ahead and make a new thread for each form you have questions on.

Congratulations and welcome to the USA!

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Idiot Check

Welcome to the United States :-) Best wishes on your AOS process. Milan